Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 3404 times)

Offline alceucar

Royal Wedding
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »
just wandering if there would be any street parties or anywhere showing the 29th April Royal wedding, maybe doing something that day to raise money??? :)

many thanks alice ucar

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Royal Wedding
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »
There is a street party in Fethiye I know the boys at Kismet bar are organising this. Also Angel at Nil bar on Calis front is having a party.
Mark

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Royal Wedding
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »
Our events will be very close to the day but we don't want to take money from the bars that are organising their own parties.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:11:56 AM by mercury »

Offline scorcher

Royal Wedding
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
Try the " Republican Arms " - always sure to get the cheap craic ! I'll get my coat Gordy ! x

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Royal Wedding
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 14:27:55 PM »
We are coming over to Turkey (a republic) on 29th April to get away from all that Royal Wedding nonsense in the UK.  So as you can imagine I was overjoyed to see that some people want to inflict it upon us when get over to Turkey:-\

You can count us out of any such events that even remotely involve royalty or nationalistic flag waving.  Any such event will be as popular to us as a Bankers' Bail Out Beneficiary Gala Evening ... now that is an idea, perhaps one of the bars might pick up on that as a theme for the day ;)

Offline Pi55y

Royal Wedding
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 14:58:36 PM »
quote:
Our events will be very close to the day but we don't want to take money from the bars that are organising their own parties.

As Mercury quite rightly says the 3C's are not holding a Royal Wedding Party on 29 April as we do not wish to take money from the bars who are holding their own parties. The events that we are organising that she is referring to are the car boot sale on Sunday 24 April and the Caribbean Night party at the Seketur Hotel on Sunday 1 May.

Saying that Angel at the Nil Bar has very kindly offered to sell raffle tickets for a Royal Wedding British hamper for us to raise money for our children's charity:D

Offline alceucar

Royal Wedding
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
thank you very much the Nil is close as we are in Gunlukbasi and my dad will be here holiday so'll head in that direction !!!! cheers x ps will definitly buy some raffle tickets....

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Royal Wedding
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 19:13:21 PM »
Usedbustickets,You and I share exactly the same sentiments, my friend.  ;)
Gordy.
P.S. I've already got yer coat, Scorcher.  ;):D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 19:15:31 PM by GordonA »

Offline peter16

Royal Wedding
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 23:46:21 PM »
we too are coming out to fethiye 29th April to escape bill and kates' freebie bash for poor royalty, can we join up with you in the don't care corner?

Offline Pi55y

Royal Wedding
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 06:38:41 AM »
At least everyone is getting another day's public holiday beacuse of it so it can't be bad  :) personally I am looking forward to watching it - I love a good wedding me :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:41:56 AM by Pi55y »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf