Author Topic: How much to fit an Immersion Heater  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
How much to fit an Immersion Heater
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 22:17:49 PM »
Hi Mark would like to get that done too, as sometime if we have showers at night the water is not very hot in the morning.
Does this guy speak English?

Offline Julesp

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 22:20:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Hi Mark would like to get that done too, as sometime if we have showers at night the water is not very hot in the morning.
Does this guy speak English?

Its normal to have a shower fitted this way here, any electrician will do and shower units are inexpensive

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:42 AM »
Yes he does speak some English his name is Bayram I know many people on the forum use him for a variety of jobs, he has 10 or 11 brothers who cover most trades, a good honest working family, his number is 0535 239 2334.
Mark

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

it heats the whole (non insulated) tank, so works out quite expensive.

I was told the tanks are double skinned with insulation between the layers.  I hope that's true.

Offline elaina

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »
Yes I think they are insulated.  I had to have the large cylinder tank replaced last year and when I looked at the old tank,after they took it off the roof of course, it appeared to have a layer of polystyrene type insulation under the skin.  I guess they have to be really because in the winter it would cost a fortune to heat an uninsulated tank.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
Yes, thanks for that.  I always hoped it was true, though hard to tell when peering up at the roof, eh!

Offline posleeds

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by elaina

.  I guess they have to be really because in the winter it would cost a fortune to heat an uninsulated tank.

That's good news - I just assumed because of the time it takes to heat the water up & the cost in the winter, it was uninsulated  :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
Thanks Mark, 10 or 11 brothers, they must have all the trades covered. Thanks also Jules.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 15:07:57 PM »
I paid 100tl for mine supplied and fitted - the man was organised by Vartur Estate Agents for me (now Century 21.  Quick and no mess - the basthroom wiring looks a bit dodgy but it is switched on and off at the fuse box - I like hot water for cleaning and washing up as well as a shower - whole tank heats in about an hour and stays warm for ages.  haven't found it very expensive to use either.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 16:45:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

I paid 100tl for mine supplied and fitted - the man was organised by Vartur Estate Agents for me (now Century 21.  Quick and no mess - the basthroom wiring looks a bit dodgy but it is switched on and off at the fuse box - I like hot water for cleaning and washing up as well as a shower - whole tank heats in about an hour and stays warm for ages.  haven't found it very expensive to use either.

I am glad I paid the extra £12 to not have dodgy wiring and have a proper shower switch, not switching it on at the fuse box.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf