Author Topic: A Big Thankyou to Scunner  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Big Thankyou to Scunner
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 16:10:12 PM »
I've always said just a statue in the middle of the old Dolphin roundabout Des, nothing pretentious  ;)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 16:39:20 PM »
You have a choice of missing roundabouts now, they have today just taken the one away by the new BP garage along from the law courts.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 17:54:45 PM »
And big thanks from me too, so much helpful advice over the years and sorry I havent replied to your last email yet...

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 18:27:21 PM »
As you might have spotted from my posts when I have attempted to offer advice to others re purchase, I have sighted Kieth in particular and, others on the forum as really helpful, and knowledgable people, so it is also a hear hear from me as well.

Kevin

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 22:20:29 PM »
The first time I encountered Scunner on here we had a big argument that went over many pages and I could have easily tried to punch his lights out.

Over time I have found him to be a wise old owl that gives a great amount of very sensible advice and I respect his knowledge of the ways and customs of Turkey and life in general.

I do not always agree with his opinion but then if we all agreed on everything there would be many blank pages on this forum.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 22:50:28 PM »
Why thank you Sir - I have to say that I am always here if people need help or advice, for what my advice might be worth - I will never ignore a request for information or assistance - but also I do have a whole list of topics on which I will argue till my dying breath on! I have always believed that there is not enough heated debate on CBF as too often people take argument as aggression and fail to continue the discussion. I also have absolute hates of certain opinions, many of which crop up on here. For example, after a colourful time in Turkey, I (like many members) still have some wonderful Turkish friends. Nothing makes my blood boil more than some of the sweeping generalisations about the Turkish that some people post on here - and things like that I will fight about till I drop!

But also, my job involves keeping things ticking over here and I have been known to start topics or make replies just to stoke a fire or two  ;)

Thanks for the compliment by the way Gerry, I am quite fond of you too  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 06:42:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I've always said just a statue in the middle of the old Dolphin roundabout Des, nothing pretentious  ;)

:)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 07:52:56 AM »
quote:
But also, my job involves keeping things ticking over here and I have been known to start topics or make replies just to stoke a fire or two

I am Shocked!!! You have never hit me as someone that would debate until 3 am or Giggle as typing something that you knew would light a bonfire under certain people on CBF!! :o:D(hahaha)

I would Also like to thank you Keith and your entire family for being REAL friends to us all the time we were in Turkey and after we returned, for all your knowledge and advice and for many a wonderful pool party with BBQ xxx

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 16:43:00 PM »
He's okay i suppose . ;)

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 17:41:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

He's okay i suppose . ;)

Yeah all right Lance,I ll go along with that.:D