Author Topic: A - list celebrities  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A - list celebrities
« on: September 26, 2011, 23:27:22 PM »
Brenda and I have just returned from one of our best ever holidays in Calis, the highlights of which all have one thing in common - lovely, lovely people. Here are a few of the memorable times

Seeing Adem (shoe shine) walking on the prom with his wife and twin babies. The man is a gem who works all hours for his family. I wish him the best of fortune.

Having a fabulous boat trip with Sukru in the company of fellow CBF members, anne (the barmaid from hell) and billy (sillybilly), heather (heatherhanum) and Nigel. A special day.

Meeting some of the wonderful 3 C's people at the charity shop. I have no idea how mercury came by her alleged reputation.

An evening in Maya in the company of lots of people we know from our Letoon days - fellow guests, the lovely cleaners, the security man and the odd job man. A fab night.

A visit to Uzumlu with number 2 and his son to meet the lovely Lynne and Dave. Such good company and a really relaxing afternoon. Such a pity we had to wait for an hour for the dolmus.

Night caps most nights in Maya chewing the fat with Nevra and Andy, but special separate nights with gordonA and loz, badger, his immaculately dress wife Irene and their friends and maria and her partner.

Meeting Nadine (Mustafa from Scarlett's wife) with their new son Mikail Hakan and Mariella (cowboy's wife) with her family.

An evening in Okanyus in the company of Anne, Billy, Firo and Eric. So glad we managed to get there on the night of the storm.

The 60, 70's night in Anna Bar with tinkerman (and Pauline), kayakebab (and John), diverbaz and ladybaz, scot (and Brenda), gordonA,  loz and maria (sorry we didn't get to chat). Wish we could have stayed longer.

A lazy lunchtime in Mozaik with Nichola and Dogan and then with Bruce (scot) and Brenda

Finally finding Century 21 where our good friend Kartal works. Missed him on our second visit though.

Many thanks to all of the above (and many others) - to us you are all A+ celebrities.

Having said that, the absolute highlight for me was sitting in Maya on the Thursday morning after the storm the previous evening. I'm afraid I cannot find the words to describe just how beautiful a view, that I have seen many times before, was around 10:00am on that morning. It was crystal clear (indeed Andy suggested that Rhodes was visible) but the real beauty was in the light that morning, truly stunning and so reminiscent of God's own country.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A - list celebrities
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
Reputation? what reputation? I am kindness itself. lol. x

Offline jacx

A - list celebrities
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 18:02:49 PM »
Highlander what a lovely post. You truly did have a wonderful holiday and so lucky to have met up with so many forum members. Something I hope to achieve next time I am over in Calis. 8)

Offline DianaJ

A - list celebrities
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 18:26:45 PM »
You mention about Nadine, did she say at all that she will be coming back to work at Sunset Beach . miss her there this year

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A - list celebrities
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 18:36:12 PM »
Diana - Nadine did not mention going back to work.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
A - list celebrities
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 22:28:46 PM »
we also seem adim and wife and the twins very cute just like dad
we also seen you H and the mrs one night swiftly going past the meeting point

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A - list celebrities
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 22:43:17 PM »
A pity we couldn't have met Puma:(.

We thought about eating in the Meeting Point a couple of times but on both ocassions there were no tables.

PS "swiftly" [?]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 22:44:05 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf