Author Topic: Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK  (Read 14050 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 09:29:12 AM »
On reflection I think that while CBF greatly supports fund raising for good causes, we need to tighten up on things following this topic. Anyone raising money for worthy causes should be applauded but it must be crystal clear how, for who and exactly what they are proposing to donate. Here is the original post again:

quote:
Originally posted by Sallyan

Ladies Clothes sale, all brand new and labelled from UK High Street shops
We are also selling Bric a Brac, Cakes & Coffee in aid of the Animal Charity too

Remember back to when you first saw it. Did you understand that:

1. There was to be a sale of ladies clothes to raise money for a good cause

and/or

2. That Animal Aid (Tinx/Terrie/Baz & co.) was the charity chosen to benefit from the sale

If you say yes to either, you were wrong. The post itself is somewhere between clumsily explained and out and out deceptive. Personally I am very keen for CBF to promote charities and their various events, and the efforts of individuals to raise money for good causes - but we can't help promote private money making ventures that offer a vague promise to give something or other to somebody or other.

So from now on, those details will need to be made absolutely clear and obvious to all - or the post will be uncharitably deleted.

Offline peecee

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 17:54:20 PM »
I read it that the money from the clothes would go into someones pocket and the bric-a-brac etc would help animals.  I would ask in what way would it help?  Going to Animal Aid, rehoming dogs????

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 18:23:08 PM »
Well, I wouldn't (and didn't) read it the way you did, although I can see how you read it. The "too" in Ladies Clothes sale, all brand new and labelled from UK High Street shops ~ We are also selling Bric a Brac, Cakes & Coffee in aid of the Animal Charity too seemed to confirm that the items in line 2 would too be sold in aid of animals - i.e. "as well as" what was detailed in line 1. In any case, there is nothing that confirms how much will be given and to whom.

For the record, had I known it was a private seller with a batch of ladies clothes to sell, it would have been deleted. It stayed because it seemed to be a charity event which it clearly now was not.

As for your question peecee, I can tell you how much was going to help Animal Aid...nowt.

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 15:41:19 PM »
so
assuming it was a private seller have the clothes been brought over from the Uk without a customs declaration? Does the 'seller' have a trading license here in Turkey? personally I dont really care but once someone acting less than legally starts associating themselves with public charities I think they are treading a very dangerous route.

Offline peecee

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 18:05:20 PM »
Think my post was worded badly.  What I was asking was if an animal charity has been set up (great, if so) how do they operate?  Along the same lines as Animal Aid?  Do they have a rehoming facility etc. etc.[?]

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 21:52:06 PM »
I have been looking back at other posts in the same vane. This couple who are actually banned from this forum are selling clothes on a large scale whether it is being done legally is their business. What they do is sell their clothes on the back of a charity. Fig and AA in the past using a fashion show to sell their items. The charities then get just the proceeds of a raffle, coffee and cakes or whatever and this couple get the bulk of the money. They seem to have talked this newish group in Ovacik into doing the same only this time there is no Fashion show. People are being duped in my opinion into thinking that ALL the proceeds go to the kids or animals when this is not the case.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 22:06:38 PM »
In fairness people in Turkey appeared to know who was doing this clothes sale and nobody told us. My understanding is that the clothes sale (the reason for the topic) was nothing to do with any animal fund raising and that the reason for the post was to advertise the private clothes sale - the proceeds of which are 100% going into the pocket of a private individual.

Mercury is quite correct that there is plenty enough 'previous' from this individual who only comes to CBF to drum up business for his many ludicrous money making schemes - the last I remember was driving to the UK and picking up shoe box size consignments of "British goods" which would be illegally driven into Turkey undeclared.

This guy is a parasite of CBF and I would ask that those who know him advise us as soon as they know of one of his idiotic schemes so we can look out for him and stop his deceptions and rackets before they hit our forum.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 22:40:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

I have been looking back at other posts in the same vane. This couple who are actually banned from this forum are selling clothes on a large scale whether it is being done legally is their business. What they do is sell their clothes on the back of a charity. Fig and AA in the past using a fashion show to sell their items. The charities then get just the proceeds of a raffle, coffee and cakes or whatever and this couple get the bulk of the money. They seem to have talked this newish group in Ovacik into doing the same only this time there is no Fashion show. People are being duped in my opinion into thinking that ALL the proceeds go to the kids or animals when this is not the case.

I dont know about AA s fashion show. but they did actually raise a good sum of money when they did one for FiG and the day and the fashion show was enjoyed by everyone who attended. I believe they gave FiG a proportion of the profits as well as doing a raffle But I think the difference with this case was that it was made clear from the start where the money was going

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 22:43:59 PM »
What proportion of the profits did they pledge to give FIG?

Offline Julesp

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 23:18:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

What proportion of the profits did they pledge to give FIG?

To be honest I cant remember, I didnt go or have anything to do with the day. Could probably find out though. All I do remember is that they did give FiG a contribution that they were delighted to receive, it had taken no work on our part, and those that went were happy and enjoyed it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf