Author Topic: Medical insurance  (Read 36632 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Medical insurance
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »
Have just been told yesterday that a new law comes in begining of feb that all people with residency have to subscribe to government health insurance which is 200tl per person per month.  Does that include those of us who have private medical insurance, in which case, I for one certainly won,t be able to pay for both, and am happy as I am, because at least I can choose to go anywhere in Turkey if there is a big problem.

Offline philrose

Medical insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »
As I understand it if you have private medical isurance then you don't have to sign up for the goverment one. But as usual when the goverment here change a piece of legislation there is a lot of confusion as to the exact lettter of the law!

Offline corbindallas

Medical insurance
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 14:51:14 PM »
Am I reading this right, to apply for a resident permit you must now have the SGK, does left know what right is doing on all this? The current process does not mention it at all on the paperwork at present so guess now's the time to get one before/if this is correct and coming in, I have heard that some of the permit helpers are making their clients go through the SGK process now![?]

Offline hillside

Medical insurance
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 15:29:24 PM »
Does that include holiday makers who now have to buy a residents permit to holiday in Turkey for 91 days during the 6 month summer season?

Offline Dutchie

Medical insurance
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 15:49:38 PM »
There was an article in the Hurriyet a couple of days ago and according to the article it was as follows:
They implied that anybody with a residence permit and no insurance in their home country could apply for SGK insurance in Turkey.
But this wasn't written clearly.
After having been a resident for one year uninterrupted and no insurance in your home country, the SGK insurance becomes mandatory.

The law has changed starting January 1st and if foreign residents (without insurance back home and residence longer than 1 year ) don't apply within one month for the insurance, they will be fined.

Apparently letters will be send out to foreigners.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 19:20:47 PM by Dutchie »

Offline jackstee

Medical insurance
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 17:22:48 PM »
Well, we have just recieved our residence , it took just 10 days and it all worked.

We saw Ilknor on the way to pick it up and she informed us that after one year of residence you had to join the system

By the way, dont be tempted to tell a fib on your residence. We found that they had all our details streching back to 1988 on their computer.

Offline saoirse

Medical insurance
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 17:54:52 PM »
Jack- do you live there full time and have no other insutance? Thanks- just trying to get my head around this for us part timers who have own ins as well as a RP

Offline Eric

Medical insurance
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 19:10:52 PM »
What happens if you have Turkish private health insurance?

Offline grizabella

Medical insurance
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »
Anyone know when these letters are being sent out?This is the first time I have heard of this new law and been resident for almost 5 years.Always just paid up front for my medical treatment.

Offline corbindallas

Medical insurance
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
So reading above and the Hurriet if you leave the country during the year then you do not need to have the compulsary SGK but must have some medical insurance elsewhere, does that include or exclude the NHS? Off to passport police today will see what they say.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf