Author Topic: help required to buy a second hand car  (Read 3732 times)

Offline johnboy1967

help required to buy a second hand car
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:31 AM »
We are thinking about buying a second hand car and cannot find any details anywhere online about how to go about doing this...ie where to go paperwork required any translated documents ???

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:56:40 AM »
When you find a car, go to the notary, if it has turkish plates rather than "M" plates, a trip to Mugla will be required, or you pay an "agent" to do the trip for you (the plates have to come from Mugla). Nikkie (sunnyd) should be able to do the translations for you at the notary. At the notary you will need the cash for the car, the seller counts the money then they and you sign the exchange document.
The car documents (ruhsat) with your name on them will be given to you by the notar.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:59:59 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
what about checking on outstanding taxes speeding fines etc...?

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »
You need to go to the tax office for that check, with the present owner and car docs.
Ground floor and ask any guy at the desk.

They used to give a green certificate, but I was not given one, because I think it was mainly for the TUV, and their computer systems are now linked.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:28:31 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
They can actually do the checks for outstanding fines, tax etc. at the Notary office now. Cuts that awful visit to the Maliye out of the equation!

When we bought our car a few months ago we made an expertiz raporu a condition of purchase. We paid for it and although not cheap (200 TL) it saved us a lot of money in the long run. We went to Su Otomotiv, the main Fiat agent, as we were looking to buy a Tofas. You could probably get away with paying a lot less if you went to the sanayi. We used work needing doing to negotiate the price of the car down and after we'd bought the car we got the work done locally anyway for much, much less than Su had quoted.

We paid an agent 125TL, plus the cost of the plates etc, to go to Mugla on our behalf. Of course we had to pay for a power of attorney for the agent. Apparently it is a painfully slow process and once you've been to the traffic police you have to go across the city to get your plates made. We thought it was money well spent as it saved us the trip.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 14:37:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

When you find a car, go to the notary, if it has turkish plates rather than "M" plates,then a trip to Mugla is required
If I buy a car from a British person and it has a "M" plate, which they no longer require, then I would not have to go to mugla, is that correct? Thanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 14:38:58 PM by jsp51 »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 16:33:58 PM »
Weve been told we will have to go to Mugla despite buying a car that has ME plates already, will be able to tell you for definite in a few days, as have had a bit of a hiccup in the buying process which might be resolved on Monday. Insallah!

Offline jsp51

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 16:55:38 PM »
Thanks Kayakebab, let me know how you got on please.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 15:20:40 PM »
Any update on this car buying i.e going to mugla notary getting someone to do it for you .how much for everything looking to buy new car tomorrow cheers why is everything so bloody complicated in turkey .[:(!] ;)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »
I bought a car in December & had to go to Mugla myself. The traffic police office is on one side of the dual carriageway near the otogar, the place where the plates are made up is the other side of the dual carriageway. We were around 15 mins in the police office & had a 3 hour wait for the plates, one hour of which was lunchtime, so not that awful really

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf