Author Topic: 5th Calis Carnival - Full details announced!  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
5th Calis Carnival - Full details announced!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 15:49:50 PM »
Jack, regret to say Toxic Fed are no more. I met the father of one of the former members & he was telling me that they had broken up.

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 16:39:08 PM »
Whoever is on the bill for the concert, you have to admit that it can't be worse than last years effort. The Sunday concert with Toxic Federation topping the bill was the best yet.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 17:31:15 PM »
There was nothing wrong with Dolapdere Big Gang last year. They were definitely worth waiting for!

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 17:49:36 PM »
toxic federation were ok if you had ear plugs, Ian (Paul Winter) was the best for me.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 18:48:59 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me. Local people knock their pans in year in, year out to help local children by raising huge amounts of money and what do they get for their trouble - criticism.

Unbelievable. :o

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 18:55:37 PM »
I was one of the chief organisers of that concert and there was a good mix of English and Turkish and as you say Toxic federation were the headliners. Living the Dream, Pavorotti and the other acts were all great in my opinion. The singer from Toxic Mitch left the group due to bad feeling amongst them but the rest of the group have re formed with a new singer and have changed their name  Their latest album is out now. Des A rock group is supposed to be loud. LOL. that is why they are a rock group you old fuddy duddy. Joking. Ian never fails to impress no matter where he performs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 18:56:50 PM by mercury »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 22:38:23 PM »
As advised in my opening posting, the actual 3 day carnival event and the carnival concert are now organised by the Calis Publicity and Tourism Assocation and they are the ones that have booked the bands and singers to appear at the concert on the Saturday night.

The headline band is Istanbul group Yeni Turku who are one of the best selling and most famous bands in Turkey. You can listen to their music on U-tube. Certainly every Turkish person I have spoken to knows of them.  The other band is local popular band Shadow who have performed at previous carnival events and who are very good. There may be other acts booked but these are the only ones who have been officially announced at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 22:40:40 PM by Pi55y »

Offline Jack13

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »
pi55y. thanks for the info.looking forward to the carnival.well done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf