Author Topic: Zakum Restaurant  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 19:53:17 PM »
COME ON PERIPAM, WHERE ARE YOU?

Sorry for caps Keith, couldn't resist!

Offline Diverbaz 1

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »

Anne, Pammy will not thank you for saying she is Canadian, she is American through and through, Brooklyn New York is where she is from.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 13:47:36 PM »
Ooops.My apologies. xx

Offline apollo

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 15:34:18 PM »
Well, that's got the nationality sorted out. Only thing left now is for the management to sort out the remaining issuse.

Offline kevman

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 00:55:25 AM »
I must add to this post, as myself and 7 more arrived at Zakkum on Tuesday 22nd May around 4.30pm. We were greeted on arrival, they promptly put 2 tables together for us all to sit and service was spot on. There was quite a few other people seated around the garden. I wasn't aware of there being any problems but then we were not eating, just drinking.We left at around 8.30pm having had a great night.

Offline Carolyn1957

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »
We go to Zakkum's infrequently, usually at lunchtime. Don is a great bloke. The last couple of times we too have noticed a drop in the standard of service. The Turkish man who has been there a long time is usually the best. He is attentive and is quick to bring you menus/take your drinks order. The American boy is pleasant, the woman however I find quite brash and her "humour" grates a bit.

We were waiting for ages to order desserts last time we were there whilst the American woman flitted around a table of her friends and stopping off to chat. When we eventually got her attention she left her friends reluctantly and made it quite clear by her comments and demeanour that we were an unwelcome interruption. She took our orders, went back to her friends and when she eventually brought our desserts out she slammed them on the table before resuming her conversation.

I must admit I hadn't noticed the toilets as being particularly dire but certainly weren't the best and I think it took a few attempts to find a locking door AND toilet paper!

We usually have their fish and chips - some of the best we've found and haven't found things bad enough to stop going - yet but much more of the shoddy service and we will look elsewhere. It's strange and sad how a change in a couple of staff can change the whole atmosphere in a place.

Offline Ray1951

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
Lucky you keyman.

Offline pamperi

Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 14:18:42 PM »
Good , now I have time to say a few things.
First... Anyone who knows me well enough to know how I am in work and in play know I am like nothing of what is being said about me on here!!!
And it is sad to see people who don't know me slag me off as if I don't give a HOOT about anything or anyone !!!
I have "worked" in only one other place for 4 years, besides here worth talking about so that's not really true about " keeping track of me.. Like the Rushie on the sea front."
Slamming plates on tables..????.... I was not born in a barn and my mother raised me right to give respect to others. To where I see here goes out the window.

I have been here now for 3 months and "no one" know what goes on here, but sure are smart enough to put in any comments as to what "they think" goes on here.
Its so funny to read the things on here and then have other people from where ever try and look for me, because of me and how they are treated with the respect given and service... At least I'm not 2 faced about it...........

So please... Not just about me....think twice about knocking someone down or a place down till you get facts straight.
If doing what we do here everyday all year round was so easy... Lets change places.. !!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 15:49:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pamperi

And it is sad to see people who don't know me slag me off

Ain't that the truth - we had 5 years of it!!! Good luck Pam - one thing I learned (and learned probably far too late) was that it doesn't matter what people say about you, you'll never ever stop it so just get on with doing what you enjoy and let them get on with the gossiping about you.

Another thing, for people to want to talk about you (irrespective of whether it's good or bad) it means you are significant in their lives - how sad does that make them :D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Zakum Restaurant
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 16:43:53 PM »
One of the finest replies i have ever read, spot on Keith, you certainly know how to sum some people up, not that it will ever get through to them, think you know where im going. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf