Author Topic: Turkish Delight Factory.  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Turkish Delight Factory.
« on: June 13, 2012, 17:35:40 PM »
Just been into this place this afternoon.  Must admit we have been passed it lots of times and never called in before.  Lovely big shop where you can watch through the glass windows as they making the Turkish Delight.  They also have an amazing selection to choose from which is lovely and fresh and you can try as much as you like.   They also sell, souvenirs, spices, jewellery etc.,  It's a big department store.  We thought the souvenirs and spices where not expensive.  The lady who served us spoke very good English and explained a lot of the food stufs in the chlll cabinet.  We will definitely be back and can recommend this place for a visit.  It's near the State Hospital coming out of Calis and it's just passed the B.P. Garage on the right hand side.  They have a big car park and the dolmus also runs passed there going into Fethiye.  website http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://www.servetsekerleme.com/contatcus.aspx&ei=O7_YT_PTNZHEswbDi7GoDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CGUQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dservet%2Bsekeleme%2Bfethiye%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26tbo%3Dd
It's called Servet Sekeleme. 

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Turkish Delight Factory.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 17:49:55 PM »
Thanks Jacqui, i,ll be calling in when we go over next week.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
I believe the lady,maybe partner, is German,we were in the shop in April and she is obviously very much into their products,very happy to discuss what and how everything is made.
She will also blend different  types and strengths of curries,marinades and herb mixes to order,

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »
this place is our second home.   The best nougat in the world !!  mulberry mmmmmmm      Have loved this place for years (used to be opposite the Otogar).  The family that own it are lovely and very often force feed us their new recipes to trial.    They also have a nice range of lemon cologne and rose water, which we use by the bottle full in the heat of the summer.   

if you haven't tried it, pop in.  you can eat as much as you like on the way around the shop and they don't even weigh you on the way out !!!

Offline raygans

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 21:58:59 PM »
Sounds like my kind of place lol dont think hubby will enjoy it but i will definatly be paying a visit.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 22:26:04 PM »
Miriam is Turkish, but I think she grew up in Germany.  Her brother, Ali is the one with the moustache.  Thay are such lovely people and I always introduce friends to them, it is THE best Turkish delight/spice shop in the Paspatur, and I love looking round the factory shop too.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 23:10:11 PM »
Another great bonus is that you can by the turkish delight by weight if you want - saves all that faffing about with fancy packaging when its for yourself.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
Where exactly is the Turkish Delight Factory?

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
if you look at the attached map link - its on the centre cross

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.6498457&lon=29.1228032&z=16&l=0&m=b

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
 Tee Tee, If you read my first posting it gives directings to this place.
Incidentally, they also sell an aphrodisiaque (spelling on bottle) for men and women which says if you take this you will make love 5 times per night.  My husband decided to buy one to give to a friend of his as a joke.  He said to the woman "This is for a friend" she said to him "They all say that". 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf