Author Topic: Bio gel nails  (Read 14013 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: Bio gel nails
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 13:58:56 PM »
Thanks Ladydiver and GordonA.  Looking forward to receiving Loz's feedback later.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 18:31:23 PM »
Had my nails done at Booty (the one on the same side as the mosque in Hisaronu) I have naturally long nails but needed infills to the wraps, I wanted shallac finish to the Gel infills; before entering agreed a price of £12, as the Shellac was about to be added 'Elvis' came forward and apologised for the mistake saying that it was £20, well not much i could do at this stage of the procedure so had to agree.

now it has been said thst the other Booty salon has nothing to do with Elvis, however, the lamp needed to finish my nails has to be brought over the road from the other Booty Salon? ???

Result, well, it was Ok, I am happy,  not the most professional salon I have been in, on many aspects (but that is another story). My nails are acceptable and respectable, you get whay you pay for.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 18:48:42 PM »
I have naturally long nails but needed infills to the wraps, I wanted shallac finish to the Gel infills;

That is like a completely new language to me Loz :D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Bio gel nails
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 19:35:39 PM »
And me...

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 19:39:59 PM »
Thanks for the info Loz.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 19:50:08 PM »
I have naturally long nails but needed infills to the wraps, I wanted shallac finish to the Gel infills;

That is like a completely new language to me Loz :D

After today Gordon is fluent in Shellac, wraps and infills, not to memtion eyelash extentions, he was completely taken with it.  If there is anything you wish to know Scunner just ask Gordon, he will be more than proficient to translate for you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 19:53:18 PM »
Ignore the spelling and rest, my tablet can't spell or modify post, my excuse and that is whay i am sticking to

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 20:08:55 PM »
Word of warning about these new varnishes.   
Before I went to Turkey in May I got Gellux polish put on my nails. The girl filed the top of my nails to break the natural film.   To say the end result was a disaster was an understatement.
There was lumps, bits missed and the tips were wearing away within a day.  I spent sunday night before I went on holiday,  removing the nail polish and what mess my nails ended up.
The nails have been weakened and even now they still splinter.
I am sure there will be dozens of people who have had good reports but I have heard a few who have had similar experiences.
I did speak to salon owner to warn her, and as I liked the way she cut my hair I wanted to be able to go back in.  She offered to open salon on day off and redo them herself --no way!!!!!
I did get a cut and blow dry on the house the next time I got my hair done.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »
Heather I agree with you, if i had not had the original wraps in the UK (Gel) and there is no need to file the natural nail ( i think who ever did yord was not trained correctly), then Booty would have done the same to my nails. They did not offer or ask me to wash my hands prior to base coat (unprofessional) and the girl in Booty just blre on my nails, after I did note that there was dust and a fewbits unfer the base coat, but after waiting over an hor between treatments I could not have cared less.

I must say that after the good revires of this establishment I did expect more of a professional standard. I am now considering buying the equipment and doing my nails myself, I ay even train Gordon....lol

Offline Marggie

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
Loz you can buy the starter kit in Boots for £69. 99 at the moment they also have a £10 off voucher in their magazine.

Like you I have naturally long nails and had gel polish done for the first time last week .  Some comments are a bit worrying so will wait to see condition of nails when it is removed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf