Author Topic: Season over for Hisaronu ?  (Read 11805 times)

Offline Sleuth

Season over for Hisaronu ?
« on: September 27, 2012, 16:01:34 PM »
As I predicted last May, Hisaronu has just experienced its worst season ever    it seems virtually over already and its not even October     Even with the `bird flu`panics of 2007 and `terrorist bombs in Istanbul` the seasons then were better than the present one. The village already during the day is almost comparable to a winter scene with dwindling numbers ( remember when September used to be a popular month here ? )  Slowly Hisaronu is dying   . A few survival stories around.. el nino`s, suntrap, orhans hairdressing business, new robin hood, kafka`s , and the dreaded Harmony night club have up that end all done well  and many others will just about survive 2013 , but a lot of  shops and bars and even restaurants will close never to open again and add to the `gaps` we already have here by 2013              2013 is going to be a critical year for H.. Escalating airfares, rising costs here, fuel, alchohol etc...the increasing off putting `boom boom music` in the village centre , extortionate landlords rental fees, increasing unrest in the middle east,  and of course the all inclusives.. plus the competition from other med hotspots with cheaper airfares and  booze.                                            Good luck to Hisaronu .. we have our place here, and visit it 7 months a year...and seriously considering living here full time, so I hope you survive as a tourist destination, but its going to get tougher from now on

Offline Dutchie

Re: Season over for Hisaronu ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 18:29:39 PM »
I don't fully agree with you. 
I went to market on Monday and the place was absolutely packed.
The grey brigade has arrived and they're all complaining that it is too hot for the time of the year.
They're not able to go for a leisurely afternoon stroll  ;D

You're right that it has been a bad season.
People were on a tight budget and preferred eating in over eating out.

Offline Seboni121

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 18:59:18 PM »
Don't be so doom and gloom I'm coming over in October :0 for the first time jeez nw I'm thinking should have gone to Tenerife lol

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 19:58:01 PM »
Never seen Booty so full it was packed out twice in the last two visits a week ago.  They told us they have had 35 Wedding this month alone.  Sugar Beach told us that September and October are the most popular times for Weddings, they just had two one with 120 guests one with 170 guests.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 20:30:37 PM »
Hisaronu will be here well after all of us on here have fallen by the wayside. Times are tougher not just here but worldwide. Hisaronu and many other like places over the next five years will re-invent themselves. Yes! even go more up market and it will not just be a Brit dominated area in the future. Thank goodness. Anyone taking a really good look at Fethiye will see the way forward for  its environs. We also spend half our lives here and we can take or leave places like Hisaronu as it is now. There is much more to Mugla, Oludeniz, Ovack, than the bar/Restaurant areas. It will be interesting what way the all inclusive will fair in future market place too.

The biggest problem to our wonderful area is if the rains came in June, July ,and August and even September.  :) 8) Hisaronu! Not the centre of the holiday world!!.... Still love it!

Offline BM06

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 20:35:19 PM »
And as we all know Turks when it comes to  business are never known to tell porkies   ;) only to the maliye  :o  :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Season over for Hisaronu ?
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 21:13:44 PM »
It was dead up there yesterday!

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
We didn't find it very busy at all when we were out last month ...yet Olu was really busy.

We went to Kalkan for the day and I got chatting to a lady working in one of the handbag shops she said that Kalkan had had a very busy season so far but the shortage of flights in September meant people were finding it hard to get out there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
Think that Hisaronu is always quiet during the day as everyone is at the beach in Oludeniz, then at night lots of people come up from Olu for the Hisaronu nightlife.
We were also in Kalkan  a couple weeks ago, love a trip up there and took Gemma and Paul.  Noticed the prices have really rocketed.  Tee shirt I bought in Fethiye was exactly double the price in Kalkan.   Paul and Gemma decided to buy nothing there as they had been looking a clothes in Fethiye/Calis/Hisaronu but thought that Kalkan was the most expensive place.   I noted most of the handbags where much much expensive than down the coast.  The lunch at the harbour was beautiful, but again really expensive.  I would not like to be spending a week or two there.   Before  we left for Kalkan we called in at Zumrut in Calis to exchange money.  The exchange rate was £2.86   in Kalkan it was 2.76 on notice boards everywhere.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 13:46:33 PM »
Kalkan and maybe even more so Kas is trying had to attract big spenders and it is not the just UK but more new money from Mid East clientele etc.. The new marina built at Kas has some serious money moored there these days. Will that happen in Hisaronu, and we don't mean the marina?  NO!  Will it happen in Fethiye? In time YES! Only IMO.   :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 18:44:33 PM by ovacik2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf