Author Topic: Latest Turkish Bank Interest Rates  (Read 4522 times)

Offline corbindallas

Latest Turkish Bank Interest Rates
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Latest Turkish Bank Interest Rates
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »
Very useful - seen it before but forgot the link - now saved it  ;D

It backs up a "debate" I was having with someone on Sunday who said "I am getting 10.75% for a 6-month account which finishes Dec 1st and I won't settle for less than 9.75%"

I said "you won't get it" - he said "I will"

In fact when I offered to put my money away for 6-months or a year in October they offered me less!!! - clearly an indication of the way they think rates are going  :(

I am with TEB - getting 8.55% for November - ah well - more savings needed  :D  :D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 13:15:47 PM »
Have been to Teb Bank today and we were offered 8,75% on a 6 month account.. The Daily account was 9% for the first month and 8% after that... The Orange account is 7.75%........ Last month I rang The ING Bank to ask what the latest interest rate was to save me a trip into town. I asked Do you speak English and he said NO very abruptly and put the phone down on me... We went today and the woman who used to be at Fortis bank was on the desk.  I asked her for the rates and they were lower than Teb... I said we would like to close all our accounts here and she was NOT a happy bunny and slammed my card down on the desk after trying to say that we wouldnt be any better off etc. etc.  She just said Come Friday morning. Next customer pls.. Funny her reactions were just the same when she worked at Fortis. There were several posts about her on here..We have been unhappy with ING for quite a bit but that was the last straw and we will definatley be leaving now. Barrie said you would think it was her money we were taking off her....Anybody got any better rates quoted and a decent customer realtions staff. ?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 14:06:54 PM »
Can't fault the Finans bank staff Anne, but sadly rates are very low everywhere at the moment.

Hopefully as inflation is 9.3%, higher then projected, the rates will need to increase.
This Govt wanted to get them down to 5% but there's growing pressure to stop reducing them due to concerns over the current account deficit.
I guess we all have to sit tight and hope they start to go up again.
There's pros and cons with all the banks, but never any excuse for rudeness.
I would suggest you make it clear youre changing banks due to customer service rather than interest rates!

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 16:17:38 PM »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 16:26:49 PM »
We had to collect a payment sent for a builder into an account at Deniz Bank, quite a few years ago now. The girl who spoke some English (who I suspect is the same girl) seemed to take an age to do everything. She disappeared out the back with some of the papers. We then sat for around 20 minutes alone and in the end asked a manager what the girl was doing.

"She went for lunch" was the reply.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 17:31:34 PM »
I closed my account with ING in October got fed up waiting for a cash point card after waiting for a year.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 19:41:44 PM »
Funny that Barrie waited for a year and didnt get one. Now its too late.  I did say to the woman I spoke too that I wasnt happy with the customer service but at the end of the day money talks and even if they had been really lovely people we would still have moved our money. We would just have felt really bad about it as we did when we moved from Finansbank 2 years ago...

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 20:23:17 PM »
I've got 7.5% at hsbc on their internet rate.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 22:23:42 PM »
Oops, yes Eric, I knew it was 6, no idea how I typed 9....!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf