Author Topic: RE high priced thompson exclusive hotels in calis will put clients off calis  (Read 9308 times)

Offline Ray1951

The world is a BIG place and although most of us here love Calis/Fethiye, people will just go for last minute deals that will take them to the sun, sea and clean cheap accommodation.  The way things are going there should be plenty of low cost last minute deals.  I'm going to Spain in January to a five star hotel, full board.  The cost for a week all told, including transfers is £140.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
I really fancy that ray1951 would you mind emailing me details.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
This is Tulloch Castle Hotel part of the Oxford Holidays and Inns chain.

A fortnight there 08 - 22 June 2013 on a B& B basis will cost you £ 2,730.00. Oykun seems a bargain.

If you book be sure to call in. We are 100m down the road ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Mind you the bedrooms are different to those at the Oykun

Point is if you looked at booking a fiortnights holiday in the UK you well may be  mortified by the cost.

Offline jrichards1

We have a caravan at Seasater Kent, rental charge=£400 a week. We dont rent, but others do to get the £3,500 ground rent.

I know where I would rather be.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Some great deals on booking.com - the flights kill it a little though. Thing is you can book many with free cancellation so it's no risk. We did with Phuket a year or so back - then the price came down and we cancelled and upgraded rooms for less money - same hotel too  :)

Offline johntaylor49

Sorry JT I have to disagree. We have enjoyed a lot of flexibility from 1 way flights and have been able to keep costs reasonable in a lot of cases.
Return flights used to be 7 or 14 days now we have much more flexibility that allows us to come and go at far more convenient times. I can now fit in extra days at the start or end to extend my holiday which I couldn't do before.
Airlines do not make a secret of their flights being one way so we should not feel duped by them and use it to our advantage wherever possible.
Be very interested on any data on who you have flown with as if I can save money I would happily do so! Be worth us all putting together a sort of chart to help all CBF members??

Meldrew

Offline tonyb

So,the inevitable has started. Last year it was The Ceren that went AI & surprise surprise, it's back to normal because it didn't work. It's' quite staggering to think some of the Calis hotels are going AI when they clearly do not have the facilities. The Remer is the perfect example of this. It is starting to look like hotels are attempting to get a better price for their rooms( And I don't blame them-they've been ripped off for years),but if you are advertising as AI, you should make it very clear what facilities are available & quite frankly a tiny bar & sitting around a swimming pool for every meal because the hotel does not have in indoor restaurant or bar simply does not cut it. It could in fact ruin the business at some of these hotels for years- can't wait to see the Trip Advisor reviews, could be very interesting. In the case of the Remer, I'm convinced it's pure greed- their prices are astronomical for what is a hotel with basic facilities  & what was a budget hotel - could this have anything to do with the bar being franchised out .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
It's not all bad news and highly inflated prices - you can still get cheap accommodation in Calis as I informed before:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/hotels_private_rentals_calis_questions_and_information/save_money_calis_accommodation_and_make_friends_48538.msg291028.html#msg291028

Offline stuart1955

i booked a few weeks ago for 17 nights at the dolphin beach hotel from the 18th may, it will be our fourth holiday there, only a little basic hotel,no pool or english tv, but clean and very friendly and lovely food, ten pound each per night halfboard and they pick us up from dalaman for 40 quid return, we paid just under 200 each for flights and luggage from gatwick. just waiting for flights to hopefully drop abit and will book again for september

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf