Author Topic: Dask Insurance  (Read 6203 times)

Offline 1gor2don

Dask Insurance
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »
My apologies if this has already been raised, but a heads up if it hasn't.

I went with a friend of mine last Saturday, to renew their Dask insurance. They had last years policy, and you would have thought that renewing would be a formality......Oh No!!!

They were asked for their residents permit. On asking why, we were told that the rules have been changed by the Turkish Government, and now you need a Turkish Kimlik number to get the insurance, no Kimlik number, no insurance we were told.

As we know, you only get a Kimlik number when you acquire a residents permit, so we asked how property owners who do not have residency can get insurance? We were told that they need to go to the police, not sure if that is the passport police or not, and they will be issued a temporary Kimlik number. No idea how long temporary is, or if there is any cost involved, but I guess we all know the answer to that one.

My friend then returned with the residence permit, only to be told they needed to go to a newly formed council dept, to obtain the property/complex ID number!! Apparently this is something new, and is neither the Tapu nor council ID for the property.

They have spoken to a Lawyer behind the Alo 24 restaurant, and he has confirmed the recent changes. It was suggested that this latest change is aimed at landlords that are renting without paying tax, and that by forcing all property owners to go to this new ID dept, they will at long last identify landlords and force them to pay tax! So expect a 15-20% rise in rents shortly, as there is no way the landlords are going to swallow the tax themselves!!!

As I say, my apologies if this has already raised, but I can see that this could cause major problems for people in the UK who own property in Turkey, and do not have residents permits, as they will be unable to renew their Dask insurance until their next visit.

Cheers
Gordon

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Dask Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:00:43 PM »
Gosh Gordon - that doesn't sound very promising - I hope it is inaccurate in some way but I suspect we will have to see if it happens to one or two others to know for sure - or is there a way around it ??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »
If it is true, just don't bother with DASK. If Fethiye is flattened by an earthquake I doubt it would matter if you had DASK or not   :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »
I didn't renew our Dask (Actually I forgot) should I now bother? probably not if this is the case.  Top up of the Earthquake in the house insurance should cover it?? 
Out of curiosity, Intasure offer Dask with their holiday home insurance, how are they getting around this new law?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »
I always thought is was compulsory to have DASK in place

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 13:04:06 PM »
They say it's compulsory but no-one enforces it!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 13:09:40 PM »
Apparently it covers the clean up in the event of an earthquake related collapse. If your apartment was 3rd floor right hand side, will they sweep around your part?

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 14:29:57 PM »
I'm informed by the person who sorts out my Dask at Aveva that the information is false. I did a copy and paste of the original post and sent it to her. She tells me that.....

U got a wrong info!!!! U can get u r Dask insurance policy with u r passport no or turkısh tax number ( that u already got it )

Call off the dogs! ;D

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 06:06:27 AM »
As I understand the way Dask works is that ıf ın the event of an earthquake,and your home ıs flattened the Turkısh Government gıves you the ammount stated on the Dask to cover clearıng and rebuıldıng the shell of your property . You take out buıldıngs ınsurance to cover the ınternal refurbıshment , bathrooms, kıtchens ,painting ect. When you have the money from both Government and Insurance company you can choose the buılder you want to do the work. I suppose alternatıvely you can take the money and do nothıng , unless there ıs some legıslatıon ın place that prevents thıs.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »
And if you have an apartment and the others in the block haven't got insurance?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf