Author Topic: Dask Insurance  (Read 6199 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Dask Insurance
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
You will end up with ground floor accommodation and a nice big garden

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Dask Insurance
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
And all the tomato farmers will suddenly be builders and developers again

Offline 1gor2don

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »
Hi,

Whilst the story I related is certainly true, the information may of course not be, we all know what it is like here in Turkey, with the right hand not knowing what the left is doing, and 1001 interpretations of the same rules and regulations!LOL

Not being funny, and you would expect someone working in the insurance business at Aveva to know what's what, but I am more inclined to listen to what the Lawyer has said, he is not just a solicitor, and is well respected.

Odd, but as I say, not unusual, for two different insurance companies to have two different opinions, but it is hardly likely that one of them has decided to invent this supposed change to the system, so it is highly likely that something is afoot.....

It is not inconceivable that some insurance companies will enforce any changes, whilst other will ignore them.

Time will tell.....

As Keith says, it may well not be worth having Dask insurance anyway, although it is also my understanding that it is a legal requirement, but that doesn't mean much here. It fact you could extend that argument to buildings insurance as well. For example, if your apartment block fell down, and you live on the top floor, or any floor for that matter, if there are people in the block who have not got Dask plus additional buildings insurance, and therefore cannot afford to rebuild, unless your apartment can be attached to sky hooks, you have got a major problem.

Sorry, but just another reason on a huge list of reasons not to buy property in Turkey, in my opinion, especially on a complex.

Cheers
Gordon

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »
It will be interesting to see how this is dealt with. My understanding that Intasure only insure properties for people who are non-resident but they also sort out your Dask insurance so one rule will contradict the other!!??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »

For example, if your apartment block fell down, and you live on the top floor, or any floor for that matter, if there are people in the block who have not got Dask plus additional buildings insurance, and therefore cannot afford to rebuild, unless your apartment can be attached to sky hooks, you have got a major problem.

Sorry, but just another reason on a huge list of reasons not to buy property in Turkey, in my opinion, especially on a complex.

Yes I agree it is a potential problem but why a reason not to buy in Turkey - I am trying to think what would happen in the same situation in the UK. Not necessarily an earthquake (although not impossible) - a fire, structural defect etc - what happens if your neighbours are not insured?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
I would guess in the UK Keith your insurance would sort the property if your neighbour was not insured.

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 07:30:11 AM »
That's strange to hear that getting DASK is difficult for some, Axa took money out of my ING account for DASK insurance and I had never asked them for it or had a policy with them before, needless to say I also did not get any paperwork but the bank confirmed it was a valid AXA Sigorta policy?? Still waiting for a refund since 15th January!!  >:(

Offline 1gor2don

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
Hi Keith,

I lived in an end of terrace house in the UK, and my buildings insurance had to cover more than just the value of my own property, in case a fire or whatever, caused damage to my neighbors house. I am not suggesting that it had to cover completely rebuilding next doors property, but an element of the cost had to be taken into account.
Obviously if I had not bothered to take out buildings insurance, my neighbors could have had a problem. I would suggest however that the likelihood of someone not having adequate insurance is far more likely here in Turkey?

The reason not to buy in Turkey, as I said is just one of many, and is just my personal opinion, based on many things I have seen and experienced in my almost 8 years here, and having purchased myself initially. Each to their own, but I would never consider purchasing here in Turkey, or probably anywhere else in the world outside the UK either. The potential problems you can encounter are just not worth it, but, as I say, that is just my personal opinion.

Corbindallas, sounds like the insurance company simply got the account number wrong, and unfortunately it was yours!! Apparently, even according to my UK bank, it happens a lot!! The delay in sorting the problem and refunding your money is however totally unacceptable, but unfortunately typical here in Turkey.

Cheers
Gordon

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
I used to hear people saying "sell up in the UK  - put all your money away - rent and live really well off loads of interest"

With rates as they are and slipping further and demand increasing from non UK purchasers I  suspect buying and knowing where you stand is a more secure option for many who wish to move here in the next 5 years than it was" ???

Offline patch

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 18:15:20 PM »
We are insured with intasure and they have sorted my DASK and e-mailed the certificate to me about a month ago .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf