Author Topic: 10 Lira to get to Sat beach  (Read 8846 times)

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Re: 10 Lira to get to Sat beach
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 21:52:24 PM »
We have an apartment in Karagozler with no garden or pool so if we want to chill and enjoy the sun we need somewhere to go ....we seem to go across the grain from all you guys as we love it at the Sat....its our favourite place. We love the breeze and ambiance food etc.

At the barrier we only said "beach club" and were then charged 5 each lira for the sun beds but not for parking.

We found the staff friendly and service and food good...whilst not cheap we enjoyed our days there..

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 22:03:40 PM »
Well Jo it's your money and if you want to spend 11 quid on a sandwich and 10 lira on a Tuborg then who's to say you can't :D

I agree with you, in that it's nice to see a choice in Calis - not restaurant after restaurant offering the same menu. It's not for me though I must say. 

Offline cheffy

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 07:15:08 AM »
We have an apartment in Karagozler with no garden or pool so if we want to chill and enjoy the sun we need somewhere to go ....we seem to go across the grain from all you guys as we love it at the Sat....its our favourite place. We love the breeze and ambiance food etc.

At the barrier we only said "beach club" and were then charged 5 each lira for the sun beds but not for parking.

We found the staff friendly and service and food good...whilst not cheap we enjoyed our days there..

We had a fantastic time 2 years ago, brilliant service, super food, and commented on the forum, unfortunately we didn't have a great time last year, we thought it had become over priced,  with poor service,  which was such a shame, because we were really looking forward to eating there as the  1 posh meal of the holiday,  I think this year we will give it a miss this year

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 07:23:54 AM »
Question for Scunner.

Where would you go in Fethiye or Calis to find a meal/service to compare with Titanic?

I'm serious because we always try and have at least one 'blow out' when we are on holiday but I don't want to go to Sat again if I can avoid it.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
There are many nice places on par or better food wise. Location will be hard to beat. We often eat at Ata park in Karagozler or MOD restaurant in the marina. Also Aksazlar beach club is very nice around the other side of Fethiye wonderful at night. Hope this helps.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 10:43:39 AM »
We love the Sat for day times but will not be using it this year at the new prices charges for sun beds etc, when will these people learn by "grabbing" they are just going to drive potential/previous customers away... We will find somewhere else to go  I am sure   :)

Offline marina

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 14:49:15 PM »
We too have always loved days at the Sat Club but didn't go this year at all.  I don't mind paying 5Tl for sunbeds as that what we've paid on the main beach, but will not pay the prices they are charging for food and drinks.  Maybe, when they wonder where all the people have gone, they might just realise we don't like being ripped off. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 15:17:07 PM »
Thanks Mac  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
10 Lira to get to Sat beach
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 15:37:48 PM »
It's a good question Stoop and knowing the sensational Titanic you mention I would definitely agree with mac2010 - the Saraphane at the Ata Park Hotel in Karagozler is on par for level of service. Not cheap of course, but definitely not a rice chips and salad experience.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 17:17:16 PM »
Thanks guys! More places to try  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf