Author Topic: Looking for Smartphone and Contract  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Looking for Smartphone and Contract
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
In a recent thread, Skunner referred to owners of a " clunky old Nokia " well, that's me, recently one of our friends came over with this really smart Samsung Galaxy phone, I think it's about time I dragged myself into the smart phone era and I fancy one of the Galaxy phones, just wondered if anyone has got themselves something similar and can give me a steer on where to get a good deal and costs. (Here in Turkey)

Offline Gary-O

Re: Looking for Smartphone and Contract
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 18:04:08 PM »
George, i would get one from the Uk. I bought a Galaxy Ace when i was in the Uk last Christmas, the cost was £80 including sim card, the same phone over here was 600Tl. If your not going over for a while ask somebody to bring you one.

I used to get texts from Turkcell offering a very good deal on contract for 29Tl, when i enquired about it in the Turkcell shop i was told i couldn't have a contract as i was a foreigner, it may have changed but i have never bothered since especially as there are so many cheap packages offered by Turkcell.

I also have an international text package which gives me 100 texts for 15Tl, 1 page is one text, you can also get 30 texts for 7.5Tl

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 18:12:26 PM »
Cheers Gary, not sure if you can still register UK phones here though?

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 18:14:33 PM »
You can register 1 every 2 years. You have to pay 115Tl at the tax office and a small Turkcell fee but it is still a huge saving.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 18:19:05 PM »
Thanks Gary, I registered a phone last April so I guess it's the clunky old Nokia until next April, anyhow, gives me plenty of time to find a nice Galaxy S4

Offline Marggie

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 18:35:25 PM »
Also when registering a foreign phone it must be done within one month of entry to Turkey as shown on your Passport.  Getting someone to bring one in for you would not be an option.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf