Author Topic: Our Daily Bread  (Read 6243 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Re: Our Daily Bread
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 18:35:12 PM »
My mate moved to Turkey, and always went to the same baker. I went in to the bakers with her and bought my usual 2 loaves @ 25 kurus each. She asked me why I paid 50 kurus for 2 loaves, when she was charged 1TL for 1 loaf. I explained that there's one born every minute. They lost her business, but they had raked it from her for 8 months.!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
And up it goes again, now 2.50. That's the second price rise in under 12 months taking the cost up from 1.50. I think it's time I shopped around.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »
George - with you on this - I think like someone else said "this one has always charged a little premium" but I got one from the bakery near Eren Spot the other day as I was in town and it was a 75 kurus one but seemed a very good size and was very nice which made me think - "if I go to our "local" in future I am only going to buy the state controlled one and will walk up to Gunlukbasi if I want a larger one.

A friend of ours told us to freeze the larger one - once it had been sliced and I am surprised at how well it keeps in the freezer - so buy when convenient as opposed to frequently from now on :-)

Offline davybill

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
The latest bakery in Gunlukbasi,near 101,its got 7/24 on the window is a really good bakery,girl
Behind counter speaks good English and bread always fresh and warm,lovely big. Baps the rolls I mean,haha.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »
I will give the Gunlukbasi one a try, it's about the same distance from my house as the bakery I use presently. My maths isn't great but around a 67% increase in less than 12 months feels a little excessive to me.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
You could give up eating bread George  :P

Offline mac2010

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 13:09:18 PM »
I always get our bread from Bim or A101. They are always fresh and have a good selection and you do not pay through the nose for them.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 13:46:21 PM »
the bakers across from bims in gunlukbasi is only 1lira 50 kuros and much better quality imo.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:47 AM »
You could give up eating bread George  :P

I couldn't even consider doing that Jan, IMO some things here are the best in the world and bread is one of them.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 14:13:44 PM »
i buy our bread from  the the same baker rimms  we get there tin loaf sliced don't know if that has gone up it was 2tl but the nicest bread around well worth it .  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf