Author Topic: any new crime thrillers recommends ebooks  (Read 11080 times)

Offline patrice

Re: any new crime thrillers recommends ebooks
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 21:06:30 PM »
Also James Patterson - bril  ;D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 21:48:25 PM »
as any one read any glenn meade books fantastic read

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 22:54:29 PM »
I will certainly be going with some more Michael Connelly books - either the Harry Bosch or the Mickey Haller series (the Lincoln Lawyer was made into a film), although they are intertwined and best read in order.  Really good American detective/lawyer crime thrillers - always a good holiday read and well written.  I am on to book 22 in the series and has taken me a few years - so they must be good - I am a slow reader and only read on holidays!

Here is a link to the Amazon page with a series list if you're interested http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-MICHAEL-CONNELLYs-books-Order/lm/RJRDGXJ844214

My OH reads alot more than me so a Kindle for him is almost essential.   What we do is have both Kindles registered on one Amazon account and then download the books that we need onto each device. If both of us are interested in a particular book, (we both read Michael Connelly) we can then both download it without purchasing it twice.    8) 8) 8)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 13:23:33 PM »
I have all the michael connelly books in e format if anybody would like them. Harlan coban is another author who keeps you guessing til the end. Jo Nesbo is a fabulous read too , the only one I havent read is The Bat, his first in the Harry Hole series but unavailable in ebooks until very recently, if anybody would like to share.

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 14:21:39 PM »
Michael Connelly, John Connolly, Karin Slaughter & Val McDermid are all good reads but my own favourite is Chris Carter but not for the feint hearted!!!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 15:23:48 PM »
William Diehl. He is one fantastic writer, or I should say was because he died quite young and all his works are about 30 years old now. His subjects went from WW2 nazi sleeper cells living in the USA to small town saga's. One of the best reads "Eureka" and if you like a spy thriller try "27" if you can get hold of them. He wrote "sharky's machine" and "primal Fear" both great movies starring burt reynolds and richard gere

Offline philrose

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 16:19:12 PM »
Anyone tried Phil Rickman he has an excellent series of books about a female deliverance priest (or exorcist as they used to be called) it's part crime story with a possible hint of the supernatural. Well recommended....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phil-Rickman/e/B000APIPYI/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_3?qid=1409239253&sr=1-3

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 16:48:14 PM »
simon kernick...lynda laplante.....peter james...inspecter grace series(try to read in order)...enjoy  :)  :)

Offline Fran

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 19:39:06 PM »

Michael Connelly, John Connolly, Karin Slaughter & Val McDermid are all good reads but my own favourite is Chris Carter but not for the feint hearted!!!
Just finished the latest Chris Carter, another great one from him

Offline Marggie

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 20:59:14 PM »
My favourites, Harlan Coben, Michael Connelly, Karin Slaughter,  Alex Gray, Rebecca Forster, Lynda la Plante,John Connolly, Peter James, James Patterson, Simon Kernick & Martina Cole (except for the bad language ).  Steig Larsson, I just couldn't get into!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf