Author Topic: UK & "Islamic State"  (Read 7767 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: UK & "Islamic State"
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
 Choose your beach wisely! Enjoy.   ;)

Offline apollo

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »
The other option is to stop spending billions of Dollars killing people and enforcing regime changes. Spend this money on  improving the lives of the people in these countries. And influencing change in the leaders behaviour.

The likes of Sadam Hussein, Muammer Ghaddafi and Bashar al Assad were and are not desirable leaders but they kept their countries relatively stable. Just look at the mess left behind in Iraq and Libya following our desire for nice leaders to take the place of the undesirables.

These bombing campaigns will never end . If, and it is a big if, ISIL is defeated , yet another organisation will take its place. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 14:42:52 PM »
Well, as many have said, we cannot stand by.

We stood by when Hitler occupied the Rhineland, where did that get us?

When you have spent a good part of your life living in the Middle East as I have you begin to understand
that it is still a tribal and religious division that determines policy, its evolution, and it has a long way to go.

The fundamentalist factions dont care about how many of their own people die or who they hurt, they would not
lose one milisecond of sleep over the death of an "infidel" baby. They kill and maim without mercy in a twisted belief
that they are going to heaven and will receive 72 virgins there for their pleasure --- if they can force conversion to their
twisted version of Islam in just one non-muslim. So, wipe them out as much as you can ... or they will wipe you out!

Having secured Syria and Iraq, (if we do nothing) they will move on to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and the oil riches
will ensure they can expand from there, World War 3 will be here! The difference will be instead of thousands killed -- it will be Millions!

Of course I am well known here a a liberal thinker  :)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 14:25:48 PM »
I thought that a request had been made by the democratic leader of Iraq for help which in her hour of need we have responded to. We have stayed on the side lines in the islamic conflict in Syria for a long time has this stopped the killing I don't think so many of these conflict can be traced back to the maps drawn over a hundred years ago, it maybe time for the Kurds in the three countries effected to have there own state.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 18:14:34 PM »
How do you negotiate with someone who is holding severed heads and gauged out eyeballs in their hands.?

Offer them coffee and chocolate digestives.?      It's them or us, and i'm on the side of us.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 18:24:23 PM »
It's them or us, and i'm on the side of us.
Who is this "us"? The British, the Americans (North, US) and the French? This "us" seems a tiny minority of the world's population. How come no other Europeans are part of "us" - except our dear old friends across the channel - Vive La France, eh? I get a whiff of the 1950s,Hollywood, cowboys and indians films about this. Will John Wayne and the 6th Cavalry be riding over the hill soon?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 18:28:06 PM »
So what is your solution then Colwyn.?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 18:36:56 PM »
Quite.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 18:42:21 PM »
I don't have a solution to this problem. Should I have one? I don't have a solution to China's deconstruction of democracy in Hong Kong - despite the UK government having a negotiated democratic rights for HK. I don't have a solution to stopping drug trafficking out of Columbia. I don't have a solution to Israel's total disregard for a huge pile of UN rulings against their continuing illegal seizure of Palestinian land and disproportionate bombings of the civilian population of Gaza. I notice that all the other major atrocities going on the world don't attract UK intervention. Just as well considering how successive UK governments' "solutions" seem to have made matters worse. Solutions? You are joking! We don't have any.

The best place to start would be to apply international pressure on, and withdraw international support from, the Israeli regime. Many of the problems of the Middle East would be eased if "The West" didn't forgive all of their humanitarian crimes and continue to supply their military appetite.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf