Author Topic: "good steak restaurant"  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: "good steak restaurant"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 20:34:52 PM »
It's a few years since I recommended a Calis restaurant for steak - and the place (La Teras or Le Terrace depending on who you ask) is sadly long gone. I find most steaks to be more beefsteak type and it has a taste I don't like much at all. I'd absolutely recommend having a night on the seafront in Fethiye at Mancero Kitchen - their aged steaks are divine. If T bone is your sort of thing, theirs is wonderful - but then so are their others - sirloin, fillet etc.

Ray from Mancero is a member here and a thoroughly nice guy - tell him you saw this on CBF and he'll look after you   ;)

Offline davybill

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 20:44:25 PM »
Yes agree with Scunner,the steaks at Mancero.on the Fethiye cordon are the best I have had.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 20:56:54 PM »
and the place (La Teras or Le Terrace depending on who you ask) is sadly long gone.

Couldn't agree more about La Terace (to give it it's correct title  ;)).

Beautiful cooked and presented food every time in a wonderful location.

Sadly missed indeed.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 18:51:52 PM »
Mancero is good but no inexpensive, Sundial I have had lovely steak, again, not inexpensive.

Last year some friends went to the Fish Market and with them had a friend who did not like fish,
apparently there are very good aged steaks there. I usually eat fish at Citir, and it is the "other end"
to Citir.

I have to say like others I do not seek Steak generally in Turkey, the fish is so lovely
and the Turkish food so good I don't miss Steak.

JT

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 20:06:11 PM »
Have to agree about La Terace, miss it so much, although I never had a steak there, but it was my favourite place to eat, food was always so good and the staff where excellent and sitting up there people watching was so good.   What a shame about the owner, he was such a lovely guy.   
I realise that the ex-pats like steak, but for me, I don't miss it at all when on holiday, the one thing I don't need to order for a few weeks away from Scotland..where the best steaks can be found.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 22:08:23 PM »
Last year some friends went to the Fish Market and with them had a friend who did not like fish,
apparently there are very good aged steaks there. I usually eat fish at Citir, and it is the "other end"

John the dry aged steaks in the Market are from the same butcher who owns Mancero, he is the butcher in the fish market ( he has a dry aged steak cabinet there)

Offline dycedon

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:45 AM »
La Terece, fillet with cafe de paris butter mmmmmm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf