Author Topic: January in Calis......  (Read 8608 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: January in Calis......
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 19:19:36 PM »
Gillian, when are you going back to UK? If my oil painting turns out really well, I'll bring a digital image of it and give it to the picture framer near the Tuesday market in Fethiye so he can make a large copy onto stretched canvas on a wooden frame (called box canvas) which can then be hung directly on the wall or further framed and then hung on the wall of our villa. If you come over to our villa in time, you might see it and get one made for yourself. The framer in Fethiye charges less than a third of UK prices (at least prices of framers near me). Amazingly reasonable!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 08:21:54 AM »
ArtyMar....We are in the UK now and will be coming to Calis beginning of May.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 18:57:53 PM »
Gillian, my painting is coming along well. I have been working on it daily - another few hours (or days!) and it will be finished. I'll post a copy on the forum. We'll be arriving 4 June, leaving Calis on 17 June so it seems we will miss each other in Turkey. Anyway, you'll be able to see the painting here online when it is finished. I hope to exhibit it in an exhibition in the UK coming up in April. If it sells :D, I'll still be able to make really good digital prints of it, either on canvas (any size) or on special paper - A3 size. It's such a beautiful calm and serene photo - looks even better as an oil painting!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 19:22:58 PM »
ArtyMar... We arrive in Calis 6th May and leave 17th June, so maybe we will be able to meet up....

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 20:08:04 PM »
Yes! Please pm me your mobile when in Turkey. Maybe, you - me and Menthol can all meet up at our villa in Koca Calis - coven in action!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 21:27:55 PM »
Sounds good to me.....let the party begin!!!.. Anyway less of the partying...you and Menthol get on with your blogs...

Offline Menthol

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 21:09:39 PM »
Just let me know - I'll be there.  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf