Author Topic: agents charges for long term rental  (Read 6241 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: agents charges for long term rental
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
Yes, I think to the rate of inflation, so not far off 10% and the landlord has the final say I guess. It's up to you if you agree or not. It's always annoyed the hell out of me that the agent is actually advertising the property and getting tenants for the landlord but it's always the tennant who pays the fees duurrr.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »
Of course - I live in Deliktas not Hisaronou !!!!

Thought that, but wasn't sure.

So are rents *really* that much more in Hisaronu/Ovacik now?  If I was paying rent locally I'd want a helluva place for 1,150tl or thereabouts a month, which is what the original posters £3,500 a year works out as.

In the case of the OP £500 as an agents fee is rather OTT on an annual rent of £3,500.

It's OTT for any apartment around Fethiye area.

Regarding rent increases being capped:

Yes they are.  The annual increase is worked out using the annual rate of inflation - however, as usual in Turkey there is a "but".

There are two possible rates, one being ÜFE and the other TÜFE - in simple terms, the first relates more to the price of manufactured goods and the second is similar to the Retail Price Index in the UK.  The law relating to rents, the Turkish Code of Obligations No. 6098, which came in during Jan 2012 uses ÜFE as its guide and historically, the ÜFE rate is normally lower than TÜFE.

To get round it, landlords will either apply the higher TÜFE rate, or more commonly, simply state within the contract what the rental increases will be.  If they are stated in the contract then the law does not apply.

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:46:05 PM »
Unfortunately John rents are pretty high now in the Fethiye area, have a look on Sahibinden.com, you'll be shocked at what is being asked for some really naff places.

We are now paying close to 1,100TL per month for a fully furnished 4 bed detached triplex villa in Çaliş, but it is in a convenient location so mustn't grumble too much.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 13:11:47 PM »
My comment was based on the fact that most things in Hisaronou tend to be priced in pounds (rip off exchange rates come to mind !!) Not because its expensive to rent there.

Offline Gayle Taylor

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 15:02:12 PM »
a detached villa at that price sounds very good value to me.  The apartment we rented was bare there was hardly anything in it apart from the basic stuff so we had lots to buy as well, we also had to come out for 2 weeks right in peak season because he had guests booked in for 2 weeks and we had to move into an hotel and it cost us a fortune, we did know about this before we rented it and the landlord put us two extra weeks on at the end, its just the agents fees we feel diddled out of ,and by the way he is English not Turkish.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 15:27:38 PM »
Unfortunately John rents are pretty high now in the Fethiye area, have a look on Sahibinden.com, you'll be shocked at what is being asked for some really naff places.

We are now paying close to 1,100TL per month for a fully furnished 4 bed detached triplex villa in Çaliş, but it is in a convenient location so mustn't grumble too much.

Funnily enough SB wouldn't be my first port of call if I wanted to rent locally - I've always considered the prices on there to be "hopeful" as opposed to realistic.   

For what you're getting, the rent sounds about in the right region to me but I will admit that I'm gradually losing touch with what rental prices are actually being charged locally, as opposed to what some landlords would like to receive!

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 21:27:12 PM »
Gayle, our place isn't bad value as you say, but it is an older build with old fashioned furniture to match but at least there is plenty of it and the white goods were brand new. No pool and we do the garden - well a quick strim a few times a year anyway. Quite agree with you the agent was definitely NOT doing you any favours.

John, I'd be very interested in where you would be looking locally for reasonable rental deals. Perhaps you can advise for next time we're looking to move. Information is a precious gift.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 14:14:14 PM »
If I was looking to rent I'd ask around the estate agents I've gotten to know over the years.  Nothing mystical, just using local contacts in the property business.

JF 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf