Author Topic: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10  (Read 16870 times)

Offline Susiepink

Bella Mamas 10 out of 10
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »
We went to Bella Mamas last night for a meal, it was my first time there, and it was quite simply excellent. Why I have never been there before I don't know but it has gone to top of my favourites list, I am really impressed. The food was superb, beautifully presented, exactly as described on the menu, and delicious, and looking at some of the other meals that were coming out of the kitchen, they all looked amazing. We couldn't find room for a desert unfortunately as they all looked delicious too. There were plenty of attentive waiters, something that I think is the downfall of some restaurants. We had started out at Bambu for a cocktail, and after our meal we meandered round to the Gitachi bar for a couple of drinks, a thoroughly enjoyable evening, I count my lucky stars I live here  :D :D :D

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: Bella Mamas 10 out of 10
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:18:42 AM »
Bella Mamas is definitely our favourite too.  In all our years there, it has never failed to deliver. 

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Agreed.  One of my favourites, however I have been a little reluctant to visit yet as last year we went on two occasions just after it had reopened for the season and it seemed they were still getting in stuff as I looked to order two dishes and neither were available  :( .

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:50:14 AM »
The best in calis there lasagne as good as mine 1 st class.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:45:12 AM »
Bella Mamas a favourite of ours since it first opened, we always make sure we eat there a coupe of times at least.  Will definitely be sampling their menu in a few weeks time    :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »
The best in calis there lasagne as good as mine 1 st class.

You rate your own lasagne quite highly then :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »
We have been to Bella Mamas and you do get good food there, but it is not like the other restaurants in Calis where you know the waiters by name and they welcome you each time and of course, you always get a kiss.  Then you get a chat and some banter and generally have a laugh and a good evening.
In Bella's it is very formal, you get welcomed with a handshake, you get seated and get your lovely meal eat it and move on out so the next people can eat.  Frankly, it is somewhere to eat with no atmosphere and no character, (with no characters).   I know the food is the most important thing in a restaurant and Bella's is good, but for a meal out it is nice to have all the other extras you get when eating in Calis.

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
Bella Mama is our absolute favourite - we actually like the fact that they are a more reserved and efficient, although when we go in invariably the waiters come over and say hello, even if they are not actually on our side of the restaurant - they go out of their way to come over to us.  We are always welcomed with a smile and an efficient service - sometimes we have to wait for a table, but never for very long.   The meals are excellent (agree the lasagne is lovely) we love the pasta dishes, steak and chicken - in fact most of the menu !!  Everyone we have taken there has throughly enjoyed their meal.  Already looking forward to our first meal there soon.   We often go in for lunch which is again excellent value, and as, at lunch time, they are not so busy they often come over and chat to
us. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 13:30:34 PM »
I don't think that there is a restaurant in Calis or Fethiye that do not want to put as many bums on seats as possible during an evening.

I would rather Bella Mama's professional, efficient approach rather than have a smiley chatty waiter trying to cover up inferior service.

Also it's my experience that restaurant staff have much less time for banter when they have other customers waiting to sit down  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 13:42:55 PM »
I would rather Bella Mama's professional, efficient approach rather than have a smiley chatty waiter trying to cover up inferior service.
---------------------------------------------------------
i cannot agree with this, there are many restaurants in Calis that give you great food and wonderful service, service, that is not inferior..  In fact, you yourself H, have given awards to the Meeting Point.  A place that is so warm and friendly, they always give you a great welcome and the food and service are really good, probably why they have won the CBF award for two years.   As as for being busy with bums on seats, it is best to get their early, as it is always full and a lot cheaper than Bella Mamas.    ;)   They also do not rush you out of the place, you are always welcome to sit on and they always offer you a tea or coffee on the house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf