Author Topic: "HOT PLATES for "HOT FOOD" in Calis Restaraunts Campaign.  (Read 9625 times)

Offline mac2010

Re: "HOT PLATES for "HOT FOOD" in Calis Restaraunts Campaign.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
Plates are hot in Casa Da Mamma's,I have tried to touch them many times and still keep forgetting how hot they are.

Offline philrose

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 09:05:43 AM »
If you look at recipes for traditional Turkish cuisine, most dishes are served at room temperature not hot. So the concept of hot plates may be a little lost on them...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 09:18:13 AM »
Yes, but traditional Turkish Cuisine may be served at room temperature but I think a lot of Brits would like their traditional Turkish steak and chips to be served on a hot plate.    :) 

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 15:33:07 PM »
Yes, but traditional Turkish Cuisine may be served at room temperature but I think a lot of Brits would like their traditional Turkish steak and chips to be served on a hot plate.      :) 

With rice and salad !!

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 15:48:08 PM »
Yes, but traditional Turkish Cuisine may be served at room temperature but I think a lot of Brits would like their traditional Turkish steak and chips to be served on a hot plate.       :) 

With rice and salad !!

Would that be hot or cold rice & salad, Gordon?

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 16:01:48 PM »
Sorry, but cold plates then hot food equal cold food.  No need for an asbestos mouth, food cools very quickly outdoors in Turkey.  By the time you finish eating your food is stone cold.  but hey if this is what you like, you could be in the minority. 

Having been "in the minority" all my life means I'm Special     :)
Even when the food is supposed to be hot I will leave it until it is cool (or what others may call cold) my wife often finishes her meals before I start mine when we are out and at home my food goes in the fridge after cooking & until it cools     ;)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 17:14:47 PM by Hamlet »

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 17:06:31 PM »
A friend of mine has to put her dinner in the microwave to heat up for a bit before sitting down to eat as, by the time she's finished dishing it up, it's started to go cold and not hot enough for her!   ;D

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 17:19:11 PM »
It really puzzles me why people insist on having their food & drink so hot that they have to sit there blowing on it until they are cool enough to consume!  ???

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 17:58:53 PM »
If you look at recipes for traditional Turkish cuisine, most dishes are served at room temperature not hot. So the concept of hot plates may be a little lost on them...
When I first travelled Europe it was as a hitch-hiker and thus visited unexpected and out-of-the-way places. They might be called "traditional". I didn't get to Turkey back then but did hitch-hike through Greece where the cuisine is very much like Turkey's - unsurprisingly since the Ottomans and Greeks lived alongside each other for so many centuries. I have to agree with Philrose; in the two summers I travelled across Greece I never had what a Brit would call "a hot meal". Of course, in today's Turkish restaurants that aim at British trade then hot meals on hot plates might give a competitive advantage.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 18:05:04 PM »
Cooking food and serving it hot tends to kill bacteria so another good reason to have hot food and hot plates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf