Author Topic: Getting excited  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Getting excited
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
Over a year after they dug up our roads hereabouts, today I've seen a lorry load of blocks being unloaded. Could this be the begining of the end of our craters?   ;)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Getting excited
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »
I know so well the aggro suffered with bad roads. We bought our plot in 2010 (see my blog 'Buying the Dream' under 'Members Blogs'!) and were told decent roads would soon follow. We've had years of craters, mud baths and dust but . . .finally, this year, glory be, we have a proper road past our villa! Yay!  ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
Some of the roads in Ovacik have been re-laid but not mine. I worry daily for my exhaust pipe.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 13:26:03 PM »

Some of the Ovacik roads float past my place in Hisaronu in the winters.         :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 15:33:31 PM »
Looks like they are creating a pavement either side of the road too. Will the excitement never end   ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 18:17:57 PM »
Ah you have finally paid your council tax then?   xx   see u soon. xx

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 01:10:00 AM »
Looks like they are creating a pavement either side of the road too. Will the excitement never end    ;)
This reminds me of how excited I was when they first began pavements of either side of the new road that was still incomplete - seemingly they ran out of surfacing materials just before reaching our villa. A year later - the same: several yards of pavements on either side of an unfinished road. Don't despair though, Liz, we now have a lovely road (well, the stones on top can fly out and hit you in the eye - but who's complaining?) AND two proper pavements (well nearly proper: there's a water drainage pipe that sticks out by several inches in the middle of one of the pavements - obviously put there just to make sure you don't overdose on the Efes and look down to see where you're going).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf