Author Topic: Residency renewal query  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Susiepink

Residency renewal query
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
I applied through Yakup last September to renew my residency, Yakup didn't advise me that I needed 14 months on my passport and consequently I received a residency permit valid for only 7 months. It's due to run out in April, and my query is this - I have been told it will be better for me to get a tourist e visa when I go back to UK for a week in April, and then reapply for my residency before that runs out. Is there any advantage/ disadvantage to doing it this way, or would I be better applying for a new RP before my current one expires. This is normally something I would ask Yakup about, but I no longer trust him, he just didn't want to know when I got my RP back with only 7 months on it, even though I paid for a full 12 months.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Residency renewal query
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »
he just didn't want to know when I got my RP back with only 7 months on it, even though I paid for a full 12 months.

So he basically owes you the lira equivalent of $25 (5mth @ $5) and is refusing to repay you - or did the DGMM just trouser the excess payment?

JF

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:46:16 AM »
Knowing Yakup as I do, I would suggest that it was kept by the DGMM.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »
You can apply for your new RP up to two months in advance the staff at the new office in Fethiye told Dogan last week.

If you think you might want to apply for the long term permit at some point a break of any kind would work against you because you need 8 years continuously without a break in permits.

Because it's a renewal you have to make the application online. I think that is correct!

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:23 AM »
he just didn't want to know when I got my RP back with only 7 months on it, even though I paid for a full 12 months.

So he basically owes you the lira equivalent of $25 (5mth @ $5) and is refusing to repay you - or did the DGMM just trouser the excess payment?

JF
It's not just about that difference, overall it cost me 500tl, including Yakups charge, I thought the least Yakup could do would me to offer his service free to get my new one done in April. As well, it cost me 1800tl for 12 months health insurance, which will be out of sync, I could have cried at the time

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:30:10 AM »
I know it's not about the money, I was just curious about the balance of RP payment.  Saying that, if you're paying an agent to do an RP then the first thing he should have done is to check your documentation, including passport validity for the length of RP you are applying for.  Entirely sympathise.

JF

Offline Inspector

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:37:16 AM »
You can apply for your new RP up to two months in advance the staff at the new office in Fethiye told Dogan last week.

If you think you might want to apply for the long term permit at some point a break of any kind would work against you because you need 8 years continuously without a break in permits.

Because it's a renewal you have to make the application online. I think that is correct!
You are right Nicholla
You can't apply for renewal directly to the residence office Fethiye, Even if you are living next door .
You have to make online application and collect documents, prepare application file and put them in an envelope.
System still gives Mugla Residence Office Adress for the file postage.
New online application web page started friday and there are too much problems and asking many details.

Lets wait and see,

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
Our 5 yearly Visas are due for renewal in about 2 months time , but our dilemma is that the Address in our Blue Books is our old Flat which we have sold , but have not had this amended mainly due to not having our TAPU for our new Villa, what we do have is our Land TAPU , is this sufficient enough for our Applications. Any advice and recommendations most welcome .

Offline angieebabe

Residency Renewal
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 10:00:08 AM »
Oops ,, posted incorrectly .

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 08:26:25 AM »
I may have confused everyone with my last post, does anyone have any feedback on my below dilemma , Thanks.

Our 5 yearly Visas are due for renewal in about 2 months time , but our dilemma is that the Address in our Blue Books is our old Flat which we have sold , but have not had this amended mainly due to not having our TAPU for our new Villa, what we do have is our Land TAPU , is this sufficient enough for our Applications. Any advice and recommendations most welcome .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf