Author Topic: EU Vote Result - we're out!!  (Read 13861 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Re: EU Vote Result - we're out!!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 22:24:53 PM »
Kevin 3 if you are going to quote from the newspapers at least read the full article before you do it.

Associated partner is to allow the UK and the other EU countries to fulfill obligations on such areas as carbon emissions and climate change.

The document specifically states that this partnership is not a way to allow the UK to continue to access the single market. So saying that this partnership is to allow the Germans to sell cars to the Brits is nonsense. The French and Germans have specifically stated that the single market is not included because other EU countries would also want the same access.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 23:13:58 PM »

Ovacikpeedoff

Read my post.! I was quoting Sky TV news, as they printed it. And they are still repeating it this evening. I read your earlier post

about the disaster that has occurred in the UK, about the doom and gloom that will descend upon us. The decision was taken

democratically. I see from your avatar that you are bunkered down under the protection of of the AKP party with their love of

free speech, justice, equality and integrity. You stay safe there and we will just have to take our chances here in the UK.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 23:41:43 PM »
Kevin3

I am not in Turkey, I am in the UK.

So you  are telling me that the Sky  News stated that this partnership is being set up so the Germans can sell cars to the UK. What a load of nonsense. It is not the first time that you have made stupid statements.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 05:15:32 AM »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
I wonder when the NHS will get the extra £350 million per week that it has been promised by the Outists. Do you think it will be before or after the 12th of Never?

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 10:18:37 AM »
Somebody said "well we're out and it's going to be a bumpy road" and the reply was "yes but at least we're in the driving seat"

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
With no steering wheel, map or engine.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
Unmitigated disaster. The ultimate Pyrrhic victory.

And when you see the reasons people voted out,  you will probably start to weep:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

I mean,  I'm not saying all Brexiters are racist/xenophobes,  just about 80%  of them.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
Colwyn, I think I posted it earlier. Our Nigel was asked on breakfast time TV yesterday about the extra £350m for the NHS. His reply was that saying that was a mistake by the leave camp. Susanna Reid laid into him about this promise being one 9f the fundamental issues that persuaded people to vote out.

People seemed to swallow these lies hook, line and sinker.

Some people may say that we are not on a bumpy road but we have jumped off a cliff.

Sometimes I wonder about the stupidity of people. In an article in the papers today there is a woman who wishes she now voted remain. She voted leave because she thought her vote would not count.

What has really happened is the wishes of the people, the younger generation, has really been ignored. They are the people who have to live with the legacy of this decision.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 13:41:02 PM »
I heard a woman on radio say she didn't care about the value of the £ because she didn't want to go abroad for her holidays, she was quite happy staying in the UK. HOWEVER, it is decided and now we have to see where we go from here. Obviously the UK economy will suffer, and so will that of the EU - which, as our biggest trading partner, will also hurt us. We don't know how much damage there will be or how long it will last. It is not possible to predict. I didn't think the fallout from the (periodic) crisis of financial capitalism in 2007/08 would last as long as has it already has, and it looks set for another ten years (unless G. Osborne's austerity mania is changed by the next Old Etonian who gets his job). But there's no going back from here - except, possibly, for Scotland.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf