Author Topic: Calis Beach 16th Sept 2016  (Read 8492 times)

Offline ReidSk

• Newly Registered
Re: Calis Beach 16th Sept 2016
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 09:23:05 AM »
Let us know where and time and we will meet up one of the Weds we are there  We are planning a trip to Rhodes but not sure when yet.  Will be in touch when we arrive and will have iPads with us.

We were at Caretta 2003 and 2004. Don't remember the people you mentioned but did meet aScottish couple named Alex and ?Gill. Dr John helped Alex as he was poorly.  Do you know Dr John (Can) and Mary? They are such fantastic people. We still go and catch up every time we are in Calis.

Info about us, Steve is retired and I have taken my pension but still work 3 days a week as a typist for the NHS.  Sadly don't get my state pension for another five years!!

Offline Howard38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »
Lyndsey, Marie introduced me to Calis just after we met 5 years ago and we have been 3 times together now. She had been many times before  and so knows it very well and has some Turkish friends who we visit.   I will show Marie how to use this forum so she can communicate with you .. we have just goyt back from a fantastic weekend in Liverpool and recovering slowly..We will send another photo for you when we can

Offline Howard38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »
sorry for not responding quickly to posts .. we have been away (without computer!)

Offline Howard38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
Sorry Howard, we're there from tomorrow (whoopee) to 9 September so we'll be like ships that pass in the night.  We'll think about leaving from Efes for you though.
Enjoy!
No probs .. have a great time ! ( not sure how this site works yet)

Offline Howard38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »
We will be Calis from th 16 Sept.  Where are you staying? We are renting a villa behind the hospital. We love Calis as it is a quiet and peaceful place.

Have you been to Calis many times?
Sheila, Marie introduced me to Calis just after we met 5 years ago and we have been 3 times together now. She had been many times before  and so knows it very well and has some Turkish friends who we visit.   I will show Marie how to use this forum so she can communicate with you and Lyndsey ( I am still trying to work it out myself !).. we have just got back from a fantastic weekend in Liverpool and recovering slowly..We will send another photo for you when we can

Offline ReidSk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 16:08:14 PM »
Howard and Marie - keep a lookout for a message from Lindsey about meeting up on a Weds lunchtime. It will be good to all get together for an Efes.

We cannot wait for our holiday. I believe you are staying at the Ibrahim hotel. We used to know a lovely elderly couple who stayed there. We often sat and chatted with them.  As you will see above we have been going to Calis since 2002 missing the occasional year.

Sheila

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »
Oh, it would be great to meet up!
Can I suggest Wednesday, 21st September, Lee's bar, at around lunchtime? 
I'm reluctant to set a definite time, as since we both retired, we dislike strict schedules!  Some time between 1 and 2pm?

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - busy Bank Holiday!!

Offline Howard38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 15:09:57 PM »
Oh, it would be great to meet up!
Can I suggest Wednesday, 21st September, Lee's bar, at around lunchtime? 
I'm reluctant to set a definite time, as since we both retired, we dislike strict schedules!  Some time between 1 and 2pm?

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - busy Bank Holiday!!

That's fine .. absolutely agree with you on time / schedules. Which one is Lees Bar ?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 15:43:22 PM »
Glad you had a fantastic weekend in Liverpool Howard38. Being from Liverpool myself it's always nice when someone enjoys and gives good feedback on your city. Hope you all have a great time in Çaliş too  :)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 13:54:01 PM »
Howard, if you walk along the seafront with the sea on your left, it's not far from the old Seketur was;  it has a big sign which says Lee's 60s 70s 80s Bar.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf