Author Topic: Some very sad news  (Read 2956 times)

Offline SteveJ

Some very sad news
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »
I went into the Fish Market on Tuesday to have my usual meet up with Urjel who works at the Cem restaurant. Some of you may recall him from the Megri restaurant years ago where he was the head waiter.

I'm saddened to have to tell you that Urjel was killed in a road accident two months ago. He was going home on his scooter after a shift at the Cem and was hit by a drunk and speeding driver. He died at the scene.

Urjel had been one of my Turkish my friends for many years and I shall miss him greatly  :(

RIP my friend.

Offline Christie

Re: Some very sad news
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 16:39:42 PM »
Sad news, not sure if we knew him, did he work at the merits restaurant or the lokanta ?

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 23:03:45 PM »
Yes he worked at the Megri restaurant for 18 years, he was a very good waiter and he told us he left there because at the end of the season he had £ 200 deducted from his wages because of a table of tourists he had waited on did a runner without paying, he then went to work at the Naylor on the Kordon, then on to the fish market where he had worked for the past few years before his untimely death, his name is Ucel, a really lovely man who will be sadly missed, if anyone is a friend of Memhet on FB who owns the Denizati, he posted a photo of Ucel , you may recognise him, God Bless him

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »
I did not know Ucel but that is truly awful and sad that he had to lose his life to a selfish drunk driver, drinking and driving makes me beyond angry...
I have heard of quite a few people seem to think its ok to sit in bars out here until 3 or 4 am after boozing all night and then just happily drive home...
R.I.P Ucel sorry for the loss of your friend Steve...

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 15:24:47 PM »
Here's one I found of Ucel with my daughter and grandaughter in May 2009

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf