Author Topic: Huzur Sofrasi... Fabulous unspoilt place.  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Huzur Sofrasi... Fabulous unspoilt place.
« on: October 23, 2016, 17:12:24 PM »
Not in Calis in Yaniklar but cannot think were else to put this review.
The Huzur Sofrasi is right out in the countryside you go along the D400 towards Dalaman and when you go under the bridge you see the sign on the right for the restaurant, follow the road for 3.5k and you will find it, it is easy to miss. It is on a farm and has all the chairs and tables set out under trees and grape vines.  There is a river running next to it and you can sit at a table and watch and listento the river.  We had a huge Turkish Breakfast home made flat bread, soda bread  pancakes (all hot) and lovely mixes of herbs and seeds, the lady cook explained how she had pick the herbs that morning and made some of the dishes up, honey, butter, three kinds of cheese, three kinds of home made jam, a lovely bowl of treacle and a sesame seed and peanut dip, a plate of hot chips, a frying pan of hot eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, melon and a love bar of pink sweetie that I think is called Helva.   A bottle of water, a pot of tea with hot water and we finished Turkish Coffee and then the guy askng us did we want anything more.
All for 20TL each.  We had a walk along the river and it was so lovey and quiet. There are grapes on the vines.  Herbs, onions, Gourds, Pumpkins all growing around the place. 
They speak very little English.  It was our second visit and the first one was just with some English friends, this time we had a Turkish friend who spoke to the people running it and gave us some information.  They do meals all day and they have a big trout pond.  So fresh trout, they also do quail in season and lamb which you can ring and order to be slow cooked they also have village chicken.
We love this place and will be back.  It is mainly Turkish customers, but we did see some Brits there.
The owner told us that if anyone gets the dolmus to Yaniklar and rings him,  he will come and pick them up.  He also said as long as people come he will cook for them, so no set opening hours.
He also said his son in law is learning English, but if you want to ring, best to get a Turkish friend to do it in the meantime.   I would say it was busy when we visited and we were there for about 3 hours, just relaxing the pictures are of when we left and the place was then empty, no one rushed us away.
Details Huzur Sofrasi... Yuksel Boz, 0535 932 40 63. Or 0253 633 65 65 Koyu Caybogazi Mahallesi.
If there is a group of you worth getting a taxi out.

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Huzur Sofrasi... Fabulous unspoilt place.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 18:16:33 PM »
Looks great. Definitely on the list of places to go. Thanksx

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 18:33:54 PM »
Sounds amazing

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 18:34:46 PM »
I think you will love it Bernie,  My Turkish friend is planning more trips.  Price list.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 20:21:55 PM »
Wow! It looks fabulous Jacqui! Great photos and review.   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 20:51:51 PM »
Thanks Lottie, we will all go there next year. 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 21:57:50 PM »
Looks lovely Jacqui my kind of place ' proper Turkey' we shall also be going here next year any pics of the brekky at all please

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 22:02:45 PM »
Hi Karen, I took this picture thinking that was all we would get, but after I sat down more stuff came including abig pot of tea.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf