Author Topic: New property rental regulations introduced.  (Read 7691 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New property rental regulations introduced.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 17:44:03 PM »
There may be local legislation created by the council (as they did in Fatih), but as far as national legislation goes I haven't seen anything published yet that affects rentals in the way described.  The HDN article which Fethiye Times used as its source did say that it was "proposed", not passed, gazetted and being implemented.

If something does come around, then I suspect it'll be an update to existing legislation which, if memory serves me correctly, says that you should pretty much be doing all this anyway.  I think its the local muhtar you're meant to report "visitors" to but I honestly don't know anyone who followed the procedure.  Inspector may be able to explain the current law, which no-one bothers with!

JF

Offline patrice

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 18:53:55 PM »
Thanks John for the info

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »
Just been told that the proposed tightening up of the law for landlords has now been implemented.  Other than the fact large fines are involved if you don't follow them, I haven't got any further details as yet.

More to follow...

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
Ok, this is how its been described to me by a lawyer.

If you rent out your villa or apartment on a long term lease or tenancy agreement you're unaffected at this time.

If you rent out a room or rooms then you are affected.

If you rent out your villa or apartment on short term holiday lets, i.e. for a week or two, then you are affected.

It would appear that you need to obtain ID from each renter and submit this to the Polis.  You also must inform the taxman but I don't know if this is meant to be every time you rent, or in your tax return - which of course you all do anyway    :) 

The actual logistics of how this is done I suspect will vary from region to region.  This has been passed under the state of emergency laws and the fines (I have been told) are hefty if you don't comply.

Before anyone gets all up tight about it, this type of regulation is common in other countries.  In practice, all you do is get your management company to do the checks required and this being Turkey, I'm sure it wont take them long to get geared up and offer this service.

One of the guys I work with is writing a legal article about it and when he's done I'll stick any other significant info in here.

JF

EDIT:  I should have added that this information is simply what I've been told (although I have no reason to doubt its accuracy) and its up to members themselves to verify how they stand in respect of these new regulations.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 14:07:27 PM »
We'll have to wait 'til it's posted on Facebook before we give it any credence.  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 17:18:20 PM »
Thanks for the update John much appreciated

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 15:32:07 PM »
Bit of an update:

I've had it confirmed to me that this new regulation covers ALL rentals made out with a regular tenancy agreement, i.e. those made through holiday letting web sites, AirBNB etc.  It also covers rentals where no fee is paid.

Landlords MUST establish a system where they can connect to the authorities computer system to allow the authorities to check, in real time, who is living at a property.

For not connecting to the authorities system, the fine is 10,000tl and for failing to provide real time data, the fine is 5,000tl.

The landlords system must be in place by mid January 2017.

JF

Offline patrice

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 18:37:24 PM »
Thanks once again John for information- interesting to see how many property owners will continue to let.

Offline patrice

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 16:06:26 PM »
Please if any member manages to find any additional information of how to contact their local authority systems to register I would appreciate  the link... so far I have drawn a blank .

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 17:11:58 PM »
so far I have drawn a blank .

Which you will.  Its the usual situation, government says do this and do it this way.  Local government then say no, we'll do it this way.  Net result is bugger all gets done.

I'll post any further details of the registration and notification procedure as and when I get it.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf