Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 93667 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2017, 18:39:38 PM »
We have not sold, we like our place and we have very nice neighbours, but we don't and never have rented. Love our place too much to allow strangers to stay there. 
I know there are buyers ready to offer and we have already been asked by an Estate Agent if we want to sell.
We will keep on visiting and and keep on enjoying our time in Calis.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2017, 20:13:06 PM »
The rules state somewhere that if only direct family members who share the same surname of the owner stay in the property there would be no rental tax due on the presumption that an owner wouldn't charge his own son, 'unmarried' daughter, or parents a rental fee. Therefore, further presuming that the property is not registered for Rental Income Tax because it is only used by the same-surname family/families. Best to change your name to Smith and advertise only to the Smiths! I feel a song.....

Huge flaw in that is that the parents of virtually every married woman wouldn't be able to stay at their own daughter's house!

(Huge benefit is us blokes never have to put up with the mother-in-law while enjoying a cold Efes or two!   ;) )

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2017, 20:30:09 PM »
The rules state somewhere that if only direct family members who share the same surname of the owner stay in the property there would be no rental tax due on the presumption that an owner wouldn't charge his own son, 'unmarried' daughter, or parents a rental fee. Therefore, further presuming that the property is not registered for Rental Income Tax because it is only used by the same-surname family/families. Best to change your name to Smith and advertise only to the Smiths! I feel a song.....

Who told you that?

Offline sadler

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2017, 20:47:18 PM »

Huge flaw in that is that the parents of virtually every married woman wouldn't be able to stay at their own daughter's house!

(Huge benefit is us blokes never have to put up with the mother-in-law while enjoying a cold Efes or two!    ;) )

Naughty step for you Ian.

Offline Inspector

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2017, 07:27:38 AM »
According to the recent article in the Fethiye Times there is no charge for the software.
Yes there is free version on Police and Jandarma web sites. But its not a user friendly program. You need to fill in details manualy everyday. There is pay softwares easy to use and starting from 200 lira. I searched for engilish supporting software but couldnt find.

If your property in police region you have to buy a pay software and you have to have a static ip adress (this is clearly explained on Police web site. )
http://www.asayis.pol.tr/Sayfalar/kimlikbildirmeprojesi.aspx

That means you cant do the process from other pc and locations.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
Hi Inspector, it states 30+beds on the link?

Offline Inspector

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2017, 09:52:38 AM »
Hi Inspector, it states 30+beds on the link?

30 beds changed with the new regulations. They did not update the web site yet.:-)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »
According to the recent article in the Fethiye Times there is no charge for the software.
Yes there is free version on Police and Jandarma web sites. But its not a user friendly program. You need to fill in details manualy everyday. There is pay softwares easy to use and starting from 200 lira. I searched for engilish supporting software but couldnt find.

If your property in police region you have to buy a pay software and you have to have a static ip adress (this is clearly explained on Police web site. )
http://www.asayis.pol.tr/Sayfalar/kimlikbildirmeprojesi.aspx

That means you cant do the process from other pc and locations.

Technically, you can only have a static IP address if you only ever connect to one single network. If I set a static IP address on my laptop it needs to be in the IP range of my router, as soon as I move to a different network with a different router then I lose all connectivity.

So, to put  it simply, if I set up the software on my laptop at home in the UK, and if I have to report in every single day whether I have people staying at my Calis apartment or not, I can now never leave my house between 10pm and 11:30pm  (UK time) because I have to submit details from one single laptop connected to my home network.

This really is the most ill-thought out plan in the history of ill-thought out plans - and the communication to those of us it affects has been appallingly and consistently contradictory and confusing.

I am seriously considering personally refunding the flight costs of the three friends and family members who booked way before any of this blew-up because it will be cheaper for me. They were going to be staying rent-free during this year but, with the cost of this new software, rumblings of having to start a company at 5000TL plus the ongoing costs of that and the costs of accountants just to prove I'm taking no rent, I am going to be seriously out of pocket either way.

For me, all the uncertainly is proving quite stressful and the Turkish dream is starting to turn a little sour - I can only hope that the powers that be look again at the situation for those of us who do not rent out out properties commercially only enjoy sharing them with those close to us.

There, rant over and.....breathe!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2017, 10:35:43 AM »
Technically, you can only have a static IP address if you only ever connect to one single network. If I set a static IP address on my laptop it needs to be in the IP range of my router, as soon as I move to a different network with a different router then I lose all connectivity.

You're wrong.

A static, as opposed to a dynamic,  IP address is allocated by your internet provider and has nothing to do with the machine you connect with.  Most internet providers use dynamic allocation meaning when you connect to the internet your IP address can be anything within a set range.  With a static IP address, when you connect to the internet your IP address is fixed.

Generally speaking, its a simple matter to request a static IP from your internet provider.  Some make a small charge, others don't - TTNet don't charge as far as I'm aware.

This really is the most ill-thought out plan in the history of ill-thought out plans - and the communication to those of us it affects has been appallingly and consistently contradictory and confusing.

Actually its not.  What you are forgetting is that you purchased a property in Turkey - a country whose recent history has been volatile with numerous coups and governments whose motives could be described as best as dubious.  That's not a criticism, just a plain fact - our connections with Turkey go back to the early eighties and even after selling our properties in Turkey we still can't shake off the affection (or connections) for the country and its people.

Currently, Turkey is operating under a state of emergency.  Taking aside the purges against opponents of the government there is a big problem with domestic terrorism, maybe its that old "Fethiye bubble" effect that shields a lot of folks from what is actually happening in Turkey.  The bottom line is that the Turkish government brought this law in to keep track of individuals who are temporary residents, which the majority of those identified in the recent attacks have been.

The effect of this law on foreign holiday home owners is looking to be significant but you have to look at in the context that a) its mainly foreigners its affecting and b) its only a small number of foreign owners that'll be affected.  Yes, there will be Turks who will have to change their business model, but again, its only a small number.

I hope the governors of the affected provinces (around the SW coast mainly) are doing their best to work something out - they don't want to see loss of revenue this season, last year was bad enough.  Maybe common sense will prevail?  Who knows.

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
I've moved the IP address stuff to a separate topic:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62910.0;topicseen

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf