Author Topic: Restaurants for sale  (Read 4818 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Restaurants for sale
« on: December 13, 2017, 20:04:09 PM »
Iskele restaurant on the far end of the Harbour near the amphitheatre is now closed

Limon the relatively new restaurant on the corner opposite the PTT in Fethiye is for sale and for Goodwill alone they want 2 million lira  :o :o :o

Motto Dining in Çalış is for sale - 1 million 250 thousand lira  :o

Offline busybee

Re: Restaurants for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:59:23 AM »
Lets buy one between us, do one of those crowd funding thingys.  If all 12,000 CBF members put in a 100tl  each, thats 1,200,000.  There you go  :)  :)  :) Motto it is.  We could run a nice reasonably priced restaurant, with afternoon teas etc and give a percentage to charity.  We wouldnt personally make any profit and would probably end up in debt, up to our eyeballs....with taxes, accountants, staff wages and more.  Just pipe dreaming.  ;)  ;)

Offline davybill

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 07:26:56 AM »
I was told the Lighthouse Restaurant was up for sale  on Calis front.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
I'm sure there will be a few others as well before the 2018 season gets underway.

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 12:23:58 PM »
It's a shame the Limon is changing hands, we had some lovely lunches there in June and September and we were planning to go back one night, lovely food and such good value.  Not surprised Motto is up for sale though. 

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 14:24:59 PM »
It’s always sad to see business’s folding and I’m sure decisions to close are not taken lightly.  The downturn in tourism has impacted on many business’s, however according to the Turkish government, forecasts on future tourism indicate that tourists are returning to Turkey and with uncertainty with Brexit, I hope that people will look to Turkey for future holidays.  We need the tour operators to be realistic with their pricing in order to achieve this.

Offline kevmclean2001

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 19:31:36 PM »
Hi Nichola
Prices seem very high
But I for one am glad that you are looking

I think you and dogan could find somewhere
A bit cheaper
Maybe down a wee lane or back street  ;)

And I know of lots of people who would be
Be delighted to see it happen

Fingers crossed for next year

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 20:29:51 PM »
Thanks Kev... We are going round in circles with potential ideas depending on available venues which then turn out to be unavailable, or owner's testing the water but not yet decided whether to rent or not. There's been some very exciting possibilities but so far we keep coming back to the idea Dogan has been stuck on for the past couple of years. Who knows what the New Year will bring  ;D

Offline thebillet

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 13:50:53 PM »
Very sorry to see Iskele go, one of our signature visits when visiting or staying for longer periods. I recall when that location was busy enough to sustain two restaurants side by side. Routing the dolmus between the restaurant and the water's edge did little to help.

Offline daveG

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 14:47:41 PM »
Yes me too re Iskele, maybe the brothers (not many people aware that the manager and one of the main waiters) have decided to return to family and help on their farm. The only complaint (joke) was when we could not get our seat by the fire owing to it being reserved for Mayor Saatchi. The cheek of it!!
Will miss our winter evenings there. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf