Author Topic: buying and olive grove "zeytinlik" need advise  (Read 6523 times)

Offline mskhasawneh

• Love Fethiye
Re: buying and olive grove "zeytinlik" need advise
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 16:47:03 PM »
I am still hoping for more people to write about their experinces so we can learn more about buying a small plot of land with olive trees????

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 17:30:57 PM »
You'll have to live in hope. There are very few people who'd have done that.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 18:03:30 PM »
Hi Mskhasawneh.
I am pleased that we share the same interest in Olive trees. Unfortunately, I am unable to help with how you would go about purchasing such a plot as l am a dual national,. one of which is Turkish , so I didn't have the legal hoops to jump through. Save for using a solicitor to purchase the land. I hope you get it sorted though and I will gladly advise you on the growing/harvesting procedures.
Good luck
WW

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 21:27:52 PM »
We used to own a property in Ovacik with a big garden and as we liked Olive trees we planted eight around it.It takes a few years for them to produce olive.You can have them pressed in a cooperative with you neighbours I believe.This gives you the quantity needed.We just gave a neighbour the olives.
We also had a larger property along in Koycegiz which had olives and fruit trees in the garden and when we were not there the neighbours would graze their goats there and we never saw what happened to the fruit and olives.This is Turkey!!! ;D
The crops were being used and appreciated and that was very satisfying.Our neighbours would give us little gifts like salad or a pastry or some goats meat cooked meals.I don't think money is considered,it is more give and take in a courtesy level.Friendship of your neighbours in Turkey is very valuable,or anywhere come to that.I really don't think it would be a moneyspinner for anyone but maybe I am wrong.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf