Author Topic: Charity Forums  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Charity Forums
« on: April 01, 2018, 01:16:03 AM »
We are proud to have given local charities our support and also their first ever 'home' on the internet with their own dedicated CBF forum.

With the advance of other forms of social media, the individual forums for individual charities has become pretty sparse, so I have amalgamated all forums into one 'Local Charity Announcements' here: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=182.0

This is all part of a streamlining of CBF to reduce the number of quiet forums as the forum itself becomes quieter. It's happening all over CBF, I have removed/merged around 8 sections before now, and nobody even noticed   :)

Hopefully the merge of charity forums will result in a more lively and active section - if not I'll just delete them all and they can just use Facebook.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Charity Forums
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:27:40 AM »
I had planned to let CBF members know that Animal Aid have joined forces with Fethiye Hayvan Dostlari and Animal Care Uzumlu to form a new registered charity HAYED. In brief, it gives us a lot more clout when dealing with Turkish bureaucracy (first time I've managed to spell that without resorting to spellchecker!!!) Our aims remain the same, to improve the lives of street animals in our area, through fundraising, TNR  (Trap, neuter, return), emergency veterinary treatment, feeding programmes, and equally important - education!
Wee small hours here, but will explain in more depth later.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Charity Forums
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »

I noticed the reduction Scunner but thought I would keep it to myself.     ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf