Author Topic: This has to be a joke  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Ally B

This has to be a joke
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:44:01 AM »
Just read that the untalented Scarlett Moffat is going to be one of the BBC correspondents for the royal wedding. Don't think I would have watched it any way but this has made my mind up not to. If they want to play silly buggers why not give it to Sue Pollard she would do a better job. Sounds like Harry Hill was on the selection team. I pay my TV licence and it disturbs me that that the Beeb are throwing money at someone as hopeless as her. This of course is only my opinion but what worries me is Mrs B agree's with me. (now that's a first)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: This has to be a joke
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 08:24:31 AM »

The Beeb has sidelined some very experienced commentators to make way for "some younger talent"

Talent my arse.      >:( >:(

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:24:39 AM »
Shows what a sheltered life I lead, I'd never heard of her until yesterday! But you're right what you say AllyB. We'll be out in Calis on the day so certainly won't be spending my holiday watching it, will be avoiding all bars showing that - and the cup final!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
When William got married to what's-her-name I was in a hospital bed in Marmaris. It had a TV but only one channel in English. It showed the wedding continuously from before dawn until midnight interrupted only by wedding "highlights". Aaargh!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »
Did I miss something, who's getting married?

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
Some woman called Maggie is getting married again and I keep getting emails from someone who describes himself as a "Royal Equerry" whatever the hell that is. Apparently I have to go the wedding because I "match the required demographic". I keep saying I don't the damn people but it seems their having difficulty finding someone to represent the "Grumpy Old Git" segment of the population.

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 16:03:11 PM »
When William got married to what's-her-name I was in a hospital bed in Marmaris. It had a TV but only one channel in English. It showed the wedding continuously from before dawn until midnight interrupted only by wedding "highlights". Aaargh!

Bet that aided your recovery no end Colwyn   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf