Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 78694 times)

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 15:52:08 PM »
So we would have another vote to try to reverse the vote we have already had because remainers are not happy. Should we do the same at every general election until we are all agreed on the winning party? The vote was leave so the will of the majority should be carried out.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 16:02:39 PM »
When you say leave- leave what exactly?

The Customs union? The single market? Either? Both? Neither?

Even if you ask 5 different brexiteers you will get 6 different answers

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 16:31:56 PM »
So we would have another vote to try to reverse the vote we have already had because remainers are not happy. Should we do the same at every general election until we are all agreed on the winning party? The vote was leave so the will of the majority should be carried out.

This arrangement seemed to work well in Turkey (2015).

:)

JF

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2018, 20:57:35 PM »
1 calis:The "will of the majority" was created by falsehoods and misrepresentation.

The Brexiteers were sold a pup and the remainers stood idly by and watched in disbelief as it happened. They then scattered to the four winds.

If those supporting Brexit had such a good outcome to present why has it all gone arse up now?

Where are the confident politicians who supported Brexit?

The politicians are the experts(!) in this and they are far better qualified through experience and traning to make this sort of decision on behalf of the nation. WTF do the rest of us know about it apart from what we read or hear?

The Brexiteers believed the lies. They believed that there was a plan to succeed.

Surely this nullifies the referendum - there never was a clear understanding of what we voted for.

In a general election we can remove the winning party after four years.

saoirse: we were told we would be leaving a very expensive club that offered far cheaper rates to members who had little or no money to put in but could reap the full  benefits of the wealthier ones e.g. Britain.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 19:53:39 PM »
No lies from the remain side? 
Brexıt ıs goıng well as long as T.May does not give everything Eu wants.
The publıc can make their own descisions. Perhaps you need politıcians to decide for you but I do not.
UK ıs doing fine. We will be free from EU soon.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 20:58:17 PM »
The remain side, if anything, was worse. Smugly sat by and confidently waited for the British public to vote remain. I feel as much let down by them as the Brexiteers.

Huge anticipation answered when Boris put his political weight behind Brexit. He persuaded a lot of fence sitters. For the longest time I was an undecided voter. I was a blooming reluctant one too because I did not know enough about it.

Then shock, horror. The lies and falsehoods worked.

Cameron and his buddies didn't want any part of this fiasco and resigned. "Nothing to do with me, Guv. I'm off".

All the Brexiteer politicians would now be able put their well thought out plan in place.

....and there wasn't one. Neither politician nor plan.

Cometh the hour cometh blooming nobody.

The public make their own decisions at election time, not in matters of state or national interest like declaring war or joining the Common Market.

I do need politicians to make political decisions on behalf of the country. We should never have been asked because we don't know enough about it. Cop out by Cameron.

I don't know enough to fully understand what's best for the country's economy.

I did make the mistake and voted to leave. Looking at the shambles that remains I regret doing it.

I thought they had a plan...........I believed the hype.

Offline peter16

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2018, 01:05:24 AM »
1calis, I do believe there was a referendum in 1975 that was "won" by the "remain in the union" group. Going by your "rules" then there shouldn't have been another vote because after all the "will of the majority" must always prevail. Obviously leavers do not wish to follow the same rules they foist on others, democracy is not a one shot choice, people can change their minds as more facts come to be known. We older citizens should remember that it is our children and grandchildren that will suffer for the Leavers dreams of utopia, unicorns and a return to the days of the empire.

Offline davybill

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2018, 08:26:30 AM »
What will your children suffer from,does anybody know?

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2018, 15:04:42 PM »
It’s becoming clearer now. No deal woul mean no flights being allowed to enter Eu airspace, certain foods not allowed to be imported /exported into/from the UK and worst of all specific medicines, including vital cancer drugs not available in the U.K.  These are FACTS not scaremongering.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 15:36:25 PM »
The 1975 referendum was about the EEC which ıs completely different from the EU of today.
No deal has yet been negotiated so nobody knows about flights foodstuffs etc yet.
I am old enough to remember that we were ok without EU membership. We do not need EU ruling us. We will survive on WTO rules.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf