Author Topic: (knock, knock, knock) "Hello, anyone there?"  (Read 1348 times)

Offline hornedfrog

Re: (knock, knock, knock) "Hello, anyone there?"
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2023, 07:45:07 AM »
... even tried the new "Big Chef" (used to be Sat).
What did you think of it? My daughter and I went for breakfast one morning and ended up going back for our "last night" meal. We thought it was pretty good.
Dale

Well, its a fab setting and the food was really good - we were just a bit dissapointed with the service at the start. For example, they brought a bottle of wine and dissapeared without opening it !! There was also some confussion about the physical and online menus with different staff giving different answers.

Was fine once we had finally ordered though, so I guess its just down to new staff who arn't quite up to speed yet.
Agreed, Ian. The service was pretty spotty in the evening; they were packed and staff were a bit confused. We couldn't get the online menu to work, kept timing out so the waiter took our orders from the paper menu.

My daughter ordered a vegan casserole, they brought a vegan burger...the waiter, bless him, 'fessed up that he'd written it down wrong. Fair play, we didn't hold it against him. Don't know if you'd noticed the blonde hostess...she was amazing! Constantly keeping an eye on the very full restaurant, liaising with staff members and checking on guests (I'm in Hospitality...I look for these things). The male manager would walk the floor, but never engaged with staff or guests; promote the blonde woman and I'll bet service issues would be resolved in no time at all!

I'm back in September, so will check in there again with friends and try Mancero...it's tough to take my vegetarian daughter to a steakhouse but she'll be left at home this time.
All the best.
Dale

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf