Author Topic: new members - almost!  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Carpete

new members - almost!
« on: January 17, 2004, 16:23:09 PM »
Hi everyone, I hope I have got this posting correct, all new to me. You'll have to be kind and understanding folks! Just returned from Fethiye having left a hefty deposit on a property one "complex"  up from Terremelos, namely Kocacalis/Ciftik that needs renovating completely! We arrived in Antalya on 6th Jan, spent 3 days in Antalya and Belek areas which we had never visited before. Lovely property but not "our" kind of place! Safely driven by Atilla of "Orange Cars" over the snowy mountains to Fethiye. (Lovely guy, thanks Atilla - arranged by Keith, thanks Keith). After hectic, wet and cold few days decided on our little pad after much headache and concern but knowing it was "now or never time" as the "man himself" was back teaching this week till July. A 16hour total journey time back to Norfolk left a huge adrelalin rush which would have been greater still had Heidi not been so great when I phoned her up. (thanks Heidi) this is all thankyous!! Well, we've done it, now we just have to hope our agents do a good job with the house! Apparently our semi is owned on the other half by an English couple, also needing renovation. Are you out there neighbour? This site is great and I hope we will be able to spend more time getting to know people when we next come out to furnish, hopefully April. Does anyone know if mail-order (like we have Argos, Next, Kays etc.) exist in Turkey? We have to furnish completely and we will be counting every penny now to cover our flights so need to spend wisely and well. Met a couple from Oxford at the notarys doing a new-build purchase and again at Gatwick, hope all goes well for you too! When we left Calis the weather was good, the harbour looked lovely and the thought that we may have our own little piece of Turkey in such a pretty and rural area as Kocacalis was great. A mix of trepadation, anticipation and a burning wish we could speak the language coupled with the hope that the mossys are indeed sprayed into oblivion regularly now exists! On the practical side we're 2  "mature" (ha.ha.ha......) lovers of Turkey with 4 grownup children and 6.1/2 grandchildren. One of us currently does supply teaching and I'm the lazy one who tries to turn the aging fantasy into reality while we can still walk without a zimmer frame! Anyway memnun oldum to all. Twinkle and Pete.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
new members - almost!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 16:36:39 PM »
Hi Twinkle and Pete
Welcome to the forum, it`s great to hear you`ve bought your little piece of paradise, you picked the best pair to help you find it and i`m sure they will help you to sort out any repairs/decorating and furnishing you require.

Dave
PS. you did post in the correct place

Offline Carpete

new members - almost!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 17:10:43 PM »
Hi Dave.

Sadly we did not use Heidi, had she had the key to one particular property we probably would have done! It made it even nicer that Heidi was so understanding when I phoned her in my moment of panic! We used a company called "Returk" that has been introduced in Norfolk via a company called Villas Abroad. We hope that with a UK reference we will not be  treated other than fairly. Fingers crossed! Regards. Twinkle.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 17:12:32 PM by Carpete »

Offline nelliedeen

new members - almost!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 17:10:51 PM »
Hi and welcome to Twinkle and Pete, I can't believe that yet someone else has bought, it seems every day people are buying in Calis.  We can't all be wrong, like people who have never visited Calis seem to think.  I agree we each have our own piece of paradise.  Hopefully we will all meet up, which over the years I am sure we will.  Congratulations on your purchase, it is a great feeling.
Helen

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
new members - almost!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 18:51:37 PM »
Congratulations on your new purchase, now the fun starts furnishing etc, we live not far from you in Saglik, we know Ciftlik very well.

Hope to meet up someday

Ron
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 18:52:44 PM by legless »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
new members - almost!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 18:59:36 PM »
As legless says - congrats. We have the place next door to him (that's why we always post together -lol).

I'm not sure exactly where your place is but I'm sure we'll find it if you get the efes in ;)

Stoop:D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 19:00:32 PM by stoop »

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
new members - almost!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 19:14:58 PM »
Hi Twinkle and Pete, welcome to the forum. DaveM, Teresa, Mick and I were all out there at the same time, what a pity we didn't meet up

Offline teresa321

new members - almost!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 20:10:17 PM »
Hello and welcome.  As Roy has said we were also there at the same time and we bought a property roughly in the same area as you. It would have been nice to meet as we had quite a laugh and being able to compare notes with Dave M, who was also buying,was a great help. If you look elsewhere on the forum there are details of a gathering in May, it would be nice to see you there.

Teresa

Offline CMC

• Baildon, Yorkshire, UK
new members - almost!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 20:18:30 PM »
Hi Twinkle and Pete, congratulations on your new purchase, the next step is furniture buying, now thats great fun!! We are at Telmessos,hope to meet up with you sometime
Christine

Offline Harley

new members - almost!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 20:45:12 PM »
Hello and welcome to the best forum on the net....

Many congratulations on the purchase of your new villa....  Hope to meet you soon...

Harley

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf