Author Topic: I am so sorry......  (Read 6961 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: I am so sorry......
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 22:38:41 PM »
Sounds good! I don't think I've ever seen any properties advertised there though and believe me, I've looked at hundreds of properties - mostly online I might add.....  :-\

Offline poppy50

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 00:28:10 AM »
Never seen any flooding in Akarca.  Quite pleasant too.  It is between Fethiye and Calis.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »
Flooding. A lot of it depends on when you see things. I mentioned this earlier.

Here is a photo of Nicholas Homes' Valletta Apartments near the Pelin in Calis. Very nice I'm sure you will agree.

And here is a photo I took myself, in 2005 - the sign advertises the new, off plan project, Valletta Apartments:

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 01:45:02 AM »
So basically I need to buy a house on the top of Babadag. And hope we don't have an earthquake......

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
One school of thought suggests that buildings built on solid rock take full transfer of seismic activity, whereas those built on softer land benefit from having a lower connection to, and therefore lower direct transfer of earthquake force and movement.

So, it's best to buy a Valletta Apartment  ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »
Tell that to the Venetians.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 08:39:43 AM »
When we bought eight years ago we arranged to go into an Estate Agents so they could take us out and show us around a number of properties. There was an English lady working there and when the two Turkish people who were taking us to view,  brought out the list of properties to show us, the English lady said to us "I would advise you don't buy in Koca Calis, it was built on a swamp and is full of mosquitos"  So, with that advice we scrubbed off all the Koca property.  Now, these comments where her's not mine. 
We did buy in Calis  and are lucky we bought in a lovely spot a cul-de-sac with farm land next to us. So, I would not discount Calis in your search for property, there are some lovely properties for sale in Calis.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »
Were to look next ?

Offline Menthol

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 14:49:41 PM »
I'm looking in Calis/Fethiye, (seeing as it is difficult for any agent or indeed anyone to determine where one stops and the other starts.)

Ovacik/Hisaronu/Olu Deniz (seeing as it is difficult for any agent or indeed anyone to determine where one stops and the other starts.)

???   ;)

Offline Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 17:04:13 PM »
I have owned a property on Telmessoss Site for the last 9 years and our house has never been flooded, some houses on the site did have a problem one year when the pump broke but I believe they have a back up now. The workmen build some retaining walls during winter and stay up all night in heavy rain to keep pumps working and reduce the risk of floodin,  hopefully our luck will continue to hold

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf