Author Topic: Gunlukbasi...  (Read 11367 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Gunlukbasi...
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 21:10:13 PM »
That seems like it might suit our needs better.

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 22:41:00 PM »
Hi, our place is up by the Huzer Evi. (OAP home) we consider it Calis but address is Gulukbasi.  A 20 minute walk from Calis beach front. A lovely quiet location but still not far from all the action. Plenty of people live in this area year round.  There is a bus to Fethiye from outside the home and a taxi call button too.  Could luck with your search.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 23:16:03 PM »
Our place is also in Gunlukbasi.  It's a nice walk to the sea front and Calis Sunday market, and is ideal for all the shops along the Gunlukbasi road.  There's a great mix of Turkish residents and expats in the area, and it's nice and quiet all year round, rather than buzzing with holiday makers, which is what we particularly liked.

There are a growing number of restaurants and bars in the area which is also good!  Definitely a good choice slikmrs!   :)

By the way, we bought through Mete at Golden Moon, and I would highly recommend them.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 23:30:42 PM »
I think Gunlukbasi is more authentic than most areas, it's a proper year round working area where the holiday season changes nothing - no restaurants open for May and close in October - it's almost a town totally unaware that there's a holiday resort down the road. It's a fascinating place, plenty of characters and plenty of bustle. I love to walk along "Gunlukbasi High Street" and see familiar faces and real life at work. Then you are a pleasant walk (25 mins?) down Baris Mango Bulvari to the prom, or a couple of minutes on the bus.

Given the same property in Koca Calis or Gunlukbasi to live in full time it would have to be Gunlukbasi for me.

Offline LisaRob

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 23:55:04 PM »
Hi Bernie
Our place is also in Gunlukbasi and couldn't agree more with the comments already posted.

We purchased coming up for 8 years ago through Scunner ( would also highly recommend Cenk at Interturk ) and haven't regretted it for a minute!

Every year when we arrive for our first visit we look forward to walking down Gunlukbasi high street to see what changes have occurred since our last visit and also to look out for familiar faces and places..As others have said its easy to get into Fethiye and also down to Calis Beach ( either walking down Baris Manco or catching the dolmus ), the local shops and restaurants are, in our opinion, great value for money, as they are catering for locals and not necessarily tourists.

We also love the fact that local people always seem very friendly and if we want a day /evening down in Calis Beach its easy to get to but its also great to come back home to a nice,peaceful quiet area ( apart from occasional dogs barking/ cockerels crowing which never bothers us ) when we have had enough and want to escape from the crowds...

Although we don't get to use our place as often as we would like to at the moment we chose it specifically as an area that seemed to us a good place to retire..and 8 years on our thoughts are still the same...

Good luck and hope you find exactly what you are looking for and have a very happy retirement!

Offline quackers

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 05:55:36 AM »
If you are not buyıng a car/ scooter then Gunlukbası is a great areaı. A true workıng area and lots of regular transport to Çalış, Fethıye and other areas.Everythıng open all year as not a tourıst area and thıs ıs ımportant ıf you are thınkıng of lıvıng ın Turkey.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
we live calis/gunlukbasi on Serinkent .We are within walking distance of beach/market/gunlukbasi and directly on a dolmus route for Fethiye.  Look at the FSBO section of the forum you may find something you  like the look of on there.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
This must be a real headache for Slikmrs (and everybody else) trying to find where places actually are, the locations in Fethiye are a real mess for anyone trying to pinpoint an area, even if you look at the plans in the council offices the boundary lines are very vague.

Has anyone ever seen a decent plan that would maybe help others in the future.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »
I have but not on t'internet - you occasionally see them on the wall in Government buildings with all the areas shown and coloured. I have searched for ages for one online without success.

But again, as you say things are vague and down to interpretation - for example there is no Calis on that map for example, it's an area made up of Foca/Gunlukbasi/Akarca I think. Fethiye is fairly strictly zoned, it's when you head our way that it all goes a bit blurry :D

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 13:37:38 PM »
Hi i live Gunlukbasi/Catalarik have been living here for 4years permanent ,as scunner says it is a proper small town feeling although its realy only a village getting very busy now gunlukbasi goes up to bridge where catalarik starts that goes up to the main road ,plenty transport to the surrounding areas ,properties a lot cheaper and more for your money ,i would say more for residential than holidays,3km to calis beach 45 min walk proper turkey ,24 on our complex mixture turkish english ,very quite catalarik aqbout 1 km to the mountains and uzumlu road ,need any more info let me know all the best with what ever you decide on .  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf