Author Topic: Gunlukbasi...  (Read 11363 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Gunlukbasi...
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 20:14:15 PM »
 Lisarob
            You saved me a long post,that was how I would have put it.We must of bought our places from Keith about the same time. The local eating places are good so we use them more now.We are pleased we chose Gunlukbasi  8)

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 19:35:01 PM »
We bought a place in Gunlukbasi last October and have just returned from our first visit. We are really pleased be have bought there. Everything is on your doorstep. There are some great eating places along the high street. Not tourist places, just good local food. We stayed in quite a few night and got a take away. You can't beat fresh bread from the bakers, fresh salad and a chicken from the spit. When we did eat out the local places were also good, it was quite funny ordering Efes and seeing the chap nip next door to the mini market to get it. Transport on the Dolmus to either Fethiye or Calis was simple and easy.

There were only Turkish people on our complex at the time we went and they were so friendly. Communication was mainly smiling or pointing, but we got there. The lovely lady next door kept bringing food over. I must learn more Turkish.

If you have any question please ask and good luck with whatever you decide.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17:22 AM »
I also live in Gunlukbashi, havent bought but just signed a second years rental agreement. I love it there as it is more residential than tourist, can buy virtually anything from the vast selection of shops on the high street. Takes me about 30 minutes to walk to Calis but the buses are so frequent you wont have long to wait if don't want to walk. I do have a scooter as easier to visit friends in way out places but not really necessary as public transport convenient.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
Our new house is over old upside down bridge or behind
Not sure if I'm in Calis or Gunlukbasi.
And love to know what Foca Mah means ??

Offline tonysue

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 16:46:58 PM »
Our new house is over old upside down bridge or behind
Not sure if I'm in Calis or Gunlukbasi.
And love to know what Foca Mah means ??

Savoyboy, I am a Foca too. haha. Foca Mahallasi is the official area. Mahallasi-district. as scunner was saying Calis and Gunlukbasi dont actually exist.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:44 AM »
Thank you for all the brilliant advice. We are going to have a look the second week we are there in June. We have also been in contact with cenk and he has sent a list of properties in our price range. We are both really looking forward to it.

Bernie

Offline longjohn1953

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 18:21:45 PM »
hi silk
we have an apartment in gunlukbasi, lemon2, we will be there in june, if you want to come along and have a look you are most welcome.
we bought our apartment through cenk and keith so if you have a word with cenk i am sure he will bring you along.

john & christine

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 19:13:13 PM »
Thank you thats really kind of you.
Bernie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf