Author Topic: Presidential Election 2018  (Read 12448 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Presidential Election 2018
« on: May 02, 2018, 14:58:41 PM »
For the Optimistists:
In the last opinion poll on May 1st the Piar agency recorded the crucial Second Round support at 50.1% for Aksener (Iyi Party) and 49.9 for Erdogan (AKP). And this was before CHP (Republican People's), Iyi (Happy), SP (Felicity) and DP (Democratic) agreed an electoral pact as a joint attempt to defeat Erdogan.

For the Pessimists:
The Piar agency has consistently rated AKP lower, and opposition parties higher, that other polling agencies. And if polling looks likely to be close there could be some "creative" electoral techniques especially with polling officials being AKP appointees. We might get 108.6% turnouts for Erdogan!

Offline incir

Re: Presidential Election 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:25:12 AM »
Doesn't bear thinking about.  And for some reason I don't trust that Aksener woman either.

Offline cenk

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
Main opposition party CHP didnt declare its candidate yet. Probably will declare tomorrow.
About election; if any of the candidates can not get more that %50, another tour will be done after 2 weeks. This will be between only 2 candidates who are the first and second in the first tour. They will be probably Erdogan and candidate of CHP.
4 party (CHP, IYI, SP and DP) made a deal to suport the candidate who will race against Erdogan in the second tour (if the election will go to 2nd tour)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

I wonder which way the cats will vote.??

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline cenk

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »
CHP's candidate is declared. Muharrem Ince.

SM-N950F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »
I am wondering if the ladies of Turkey will use their votes for Meral Akşener and put a female at the top.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 14:06:44 PM »
Sadly, in many cases, it'd only be if their husbands let them...

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 14:47:29 PM »
40 days to go until Round One of what, I suggest, is the most important election in Turkey since the founding of the republic. Opinion polls are still showing Erdogan in the lead - but only just. There is still time for him to ruin the Turkish economy with his eccentric economic policies. If it is true that AKP power derived BOTH from their core support among the Pious Ones AND for their successful management of the economy until recent years, then the economic crisis - especially the currency crisis - may still tip the balance against RTE.

Tomorrow Hakan Atilla, the former Halkbank Deputy Chief Exexective, will be sentenced. He has already been found guilty of aiding Iran evade US sanctions by a US court, but not by Erdogan who says he is "a friend of ours". When the sentence is given RTE will no doubt rail against it and threaten the US with all sorts of reprisals. That ain't going to do the lira much good either. Perhaps there's still a chance that Erdogan won't be crowned Sultan on the 24th June.

That's me off in optimistic dreamworld again!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »
Well I just hope the bars are open  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf