Author Topic: Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium  (Read 34497 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 19:23:14 PM »
Well I'm sure it will make money, sadly. The blame for it's success can indeed be placed on the 'Western' clients, the blame for making dolphins live in the equivalent of a hotel pool can not. It's once again something achieved with the minimum expense possible.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 19:37:19 PM »
I think I can safely say that nobody from Animal Aid will be supporting this venture and if we can do anything to stop it happening we will.

Offline dreamon

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 22:15:50 PM »
S.O.D.S

Save our Dolphins  ;)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 23:31:29 PM »
I thought Turkey was progressing on animal rights with the abolition of bear entertainment and other changes like their attitude to street dogs and all this good work is going to be flushed down the toilet.

This is total cruelty as these poor animals will not only be subject to the trauma of living in a goldfish bowl and all the circus that is going to take place plus all the noise of the area through the night.It is not going to be like Seaworld in Florida where the animals have very much bigger tanks and relative peace and quiet when the public disappear as the area is a little remote. I am not supporting Seaworld as I hate seeing animals caged up but at least the animals are properly looked after as they can be in captivity. God help those poor dolphins if they get sick I cannot see the owners paying for the necessary treatment.

The Mayor is bonkers if he thinks this is going to enhance tourism in the area.

Offline cheers

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 23:33:54 PM »
Feel disgusted beyond words.  Anyone any ideas on what we can do do stop this inhumanity or is it all signed, sealed and delivered?
We had the thread of keeping animals in zoos to enable keeping the species going which I do agree with, animals in a circus no and dolphins in a small pool definitely NO!!

Anyone any ideas!!

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 23:41:18 PM »
Stunned.
Bruce

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 23:58:27 PM »
As you said Keith!
Bruce

Offline peecee

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
[:(!][:(!][:(!]

Offline crazydave

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »
woodzy54,Friends of our went to kas last year so there kids could swim with the dolphins,it ruined there holiday the kids were upset after seeing how the dolphins were kept,they said it was the first and last time,as you say animals like these should be left to swim the seas i noticed someone mentioned Florida having dolphins they do but but at least there in big pools,vets standing by 24/7 and well looked after the reaason being the yanks care about the dolphins,but im afraid here it will just be a money spinner and thats all what matters not the dolphins well being,lets hope it all goes tits up as far as opening the cruelty centre because thats all it will be for these animals,Woody

Offline Donna2202

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 07:14:16 AM »
This is being organised by the Company who have the Dolphinarium in Kas and the 2 dolphins are coming from Kas. As you say your children were so upset by how they were being kept there so it doesn't bear thinking about what it will be like here. I'm really upset by this and think it's disgusting that animals can be kept in this way.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf