Author Topic: Beaches.  (Read 4541 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Beaches.
« on: January 08, 2012, 19:25:39 PM »

We are venturing to Olu Deniz for the first time this June. Can anyone explain the beaches to me please? [?]

There are mentions of Billy's beach, Lagoon, Sugar Hut and Beeerr {some word I can't remember.}

Which ones are the best? Or is it a personal choice thing?

Sandy,Shingle or Stones? Water, is it easy to get into/out of.

Do they charge for sunbeds and umbrellas,and how much?

Are there bars to get a drink from nearby?

Sorry for all the questions, but you know it will only be for the next 160 days..: :):D 8)

Thanks for the help!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Beaches.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 19:39:29 PM »
Sugar and Billy's etc are round the far end of the lagoon.  You need to walk the road that takes you past the entrance to the lagoon itself. Or ask the dolmus driver to drop you.
They are more sandy than the lagoon or Olu beach and all have sunbeds (for a fee) and restaurants for lunches and drinks.
I much prefer it to the main lagoon which packs you in like sardines.

Offline hillside

Beaches.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 19:41:16 PM »
All the beaches are free apart from the conservation area at the end of the lagoon. The main beach is bit shingly and shelving and can be a bit challaging for young children and those of us not so agile on our pins. Many of the beaches 'land side' of the lagoon such as Sugar Beach , Nicholas Beach, Green Beach and Billys beach run free transfers. They are sandy and gently shelving, all have beach bars & restaurants and I believe showers. Preference is personal thing, but we prefer to be picked up and dropped off at our door and have easy access for frequent dips in the sea. 2 sunbeds and umbrellas on the main beach were 18TL last year, 12TL at Nics Beach.

Offline Bluwise

Beaches.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 20:10:03 PM »
Agree with Anne about the main lagoon area - we were packed in so close we were touching elbows!  Not only that, there are some concrete platforms to negotiate to get in the water on the bar side. They have been overgrown with algae/seaweed and are no less than treacherous.
I found it really over-rated and would not go to that part again.  
Can't comment on the other beaches other than spent half an hour watching several people falling over trying to get in the water on the main beach!

It certainly looked nice on the other side of the lagoon but we had walked so far in the heat to get to where we were, we just headed back to Calis and our lovely pool.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Beaches.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 20:44:44 PM »
I personally prefer the nature reserve area but agree the back of the lagoon is sandier and easier to get into.
We don't got right to the end and it is not so busy there with plenty of room to drag a sunbed if you feel the need.  If you do decide to got to the back try and at least take a walk round the nature reserve it is such a beautiful place.  We go in May and/or September so not as busy then.

Offline BernieTeyze

Beaches.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 20:52:07 PM »

Thanks, will definately have a look at the nature reserve area. Not fancying the sardine thing or killing myself for the sake of a swim. Sounding like it's worth paying for a dolmus and the gently shelving with sand.
Thanks for letting me know.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Beaches.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 20:55:29 PM »
We had two lovely days at Nicholas beach last year,it's well run and the toilets/showers are clean.The food was good,and the water is safe for kids, as Hillside described it's gently shelving sand.
The dolmus depending on the drivers mood may even drop you off at the Hotel Meri if you don't want the ten minute walk  8)

The Badgers

Offline superpp

Beaches.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 21:14:20 PM »
We either go on the main beach, just directly in front of the dolmus stop/waiting area or go round to Sugar beach if we want the lagoon (we use the free shuttle bus, from the top of the hill in Ovacik).
Sugar Beach website:
http://www.thesugarbeachclub.com/

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Beaches.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 22:04:33 PM »
Just to get you in the mood.........how many days?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 22:09:29 PM by heather07 »

Offline BernieTeyze

Beaches.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 23:35:01 PM »

Thanks Heather, off to SW in the morning..that was just the incentive I needed..160 days..:=D xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf