Author Topic: Kervanseray - Kaya village  (Read 5036 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Kervanseray - Kaya village
« on: July 07, 2006, 06:56:52 AM »
Delighted with this new topic dedicated to my favourite place.  Although we "reside" in Ovacik for our 5 weeks of the year, we absolutely love Kaya, and when we go out to eat, we like to go here. There have been some fab recommendations on here for restaurants in Kaya Koy, all of which we have tried and loved.  Now, I have seen a sign for a place called the Kervanseray(?) and wondered does anybody know about this one, as apparantly it has traditional turkish dancing? Alan (KKOB), if you are reading this, perhaps you could enlighten me? Many thanks. :)  Sue

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 14:11:56 PM »
Yes, Kervansaray is at Kaya Park.  It's owned by the same people who own Mellis Beach Hotel, Tequila Bar, Sultan Pepper, Sultan Ahmet etc.

They put on a show, I think, 6 nights a week now. You can either turn up at the door  or book through most of the travel agents. ( If you book through an agent you'll almost certainly get  free transport to and from, so you don't have worry about drinking and driving). It costs about £18 per head and includes the show a meal and some drinks.

We've not been to it yet, but I'm sure there are others on here who have.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 07:01:59 AM »
Helpful as ever - thank you Alan.  Well, anybody out there been? Anyone got any recommendations?  I want to go!!!!!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »
Thanks to Alan, I have now received info of this place from the owners, whom I contacted via the Mellis Beach hotel.  It is £15 per adult, half price children over age 6 and free to children 0 - 6. It sounds like a good night, with mezes, show, wine and soft drinks and pick  up included in price.  It also sounds a little bit more authentic/cultural than the ususal hotels belly dancing nights, as there are different types of dancing, from differing regions of Turkey. It takes place on Wednesday Thursday and Friday nights.  I will be booking for our party in August, so will feed back on here the outcome. Anybody else going in the meantime, please let us know how you get on, as this does look and sound like a good night out for families on holiday. Thanks again Alan. Sue x

Offline BabaYard

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 10:35:04 AM »
Sue, can you post the phone number and contact names so that those who do want picking up have someone to call.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 13:41:23 PM »
telephone mellis beach hotel, 02526160170. Pauline or Selami Yilmaz.

Offline BabaYard

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »
Just got back and had the pleasure of two consecutive evenings at the Kervansaray. The first night was for a wedding, and we happened to book the traditional Turkish night for the day after. You can book this evening at Explorer in Hisaronu.  They charged us £14 a head, and you get your food and unlimited wine included. Beer and spirits are extra. It's well worth doing, the traditional dances are interesting to say the least, and the male belly dancer.... well what can I say!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »
I have read a lot of good things about Kaya, and would very much like to visit in September, how far away from calis is it and what is the best form of travel if not driving?

Tinx 8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »
Get the dolmus/bus to the big mosque in Fethiye. Dolmuses leave there for Kaya Koyu every hour on the hour. The single fare is 3 YTL per person.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »
Excelent, thanks Alan, maybe we can meet up 8)

Tinx ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf