Author Topic: Has Thomas Crook taken over Jet 2?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Ally B

Has Thomas Crook taken over Jet 2?
« on: April 29, 2016, 17:14:22 PM »
We booked with Jet 2 to fly to Dalaman in May this year. We booked on the 14th June last year to hopefully get a decent price. We paid £567 00 for return flights, onboard meals and a case each for the two of us. We did not reserve seats because we always turn up at the airport in plenty time to get decent seats together. When I went to check in online yester day I was given the choice to pick seats which would cost £38.00 or let them allocate seats. I could not turn up at the airport and get seats. I chose to let them allocate seats. We were given seats in row 9 b and e meaning we had someone on each side and the isle in between. According to the seating plan there were plenty unreserved seats all round about. Coming home we got seats together but in row 33 right next to the toilet  again there were loads of unreserved seats all round. This is obviously done to get people to pay to reserve seats because they don't like the seats they were given. I could not find anyway to e mail a complaint on the Jet 2 website so I had to phone.  The girl I spoke to said it was not possible to change seats unless I paid to reserve seats she also  said they have to allocate the seats from the rear of the plane working toward the front, as there were no seats taken for at least 8 rows in front of row33 was I the first to check in? "I don't think so. I told the girl that we paid £567 00 last year and for the same deal now it would only cost£401.00  £156.00 cheaper I was told "thats just the chance you take" This is the sneaky money grabbing sort of thing you expect from Thomas Crook but I expected better from an airline I used to recommend. They have had our money in their bank since last year, surely they could have at least given us better seats considering the plane had at least half the seats unreserved.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Has Thomas Crook taken over Jet 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 22:03:07 PM »

The girl I spoke to said it was not possible to change seats unless I paid to reserve seats

This also fully contradicts Jet2's own FAQ [ http://www.jet2.com/faqs/check-in-mobile/ ]

Can I change my booking once I have checked in on line?

No - once you have checked in online no further changes are permitted to that booking.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 22:32:15 PM »
Against my better judgment I paid the money and changed seats and it was accepted. I had not gone as far as  finalising and printing the boarding passes.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 23:00:27 PM »
I think once you see/know your seat numbers, it is finalised and they are allocated to you.

It is certainly not the Jet2 I know - like you I have recommended them many times. We are booked with them this year again after around 3 years since our last flight. That's not till October so I will report any fun & games in regard to check in. We have always got seats together previously without paying to choose seats. It will be a real disappointment if they start messing about.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
Once they have allocated you your seats that is it  unless you click on to "chose your own seats" So it is flexible if you are paying out more money. I tried going back and removing our passport details to start afresh but once they have them you cant remove them.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 13:51:21 PM »
Watched  RIP OFF BRITAIN yesterday and there was a lady on telling about their party not being allowed to sit together unless they paid for allocated seats. She did not mention the airline.This happened to us last year and it really annoyed me.It was Jet2 who we flew with. Just another way of fleecing the holiday makers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf