Author Topic: Those Two Girls in Peru are Innocent of Drug Smuggling  (Read 11396 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Those Two Girls in Peru are Innocent of Drug Smuggling
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:14 AM »
If you watch programmes like Banged Up Abroad, or even news interviews - often the difference between those arrested for this type of crime, and those convicted/time served for this type of crime, is that the latter freely admit it.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 13:18:54 PM »
If these girls were scared for their families safety, and indeed their own safety, then surely they will now be doubly scared as the drugs 'mastermind' will now be out of pocket to the tune of £1.5 million. Their story doesn't ring true.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 14:37:51 PM »
WHEN they are found to have a case to answer, & WHEN the result of that case is a guilty verdict for both, all of those who are presently declaring them to be 2 "innocent wee lasses", will soon find out how "innocent", when previous form raises it's ugly head, & their smug family members have to find something else to bleat about. GUILTY, in my mind. Speaking as the parent of a son whose life, since the age of 12/13, has been absolutely, totally destroyed by people like these 2 bimbos, the penalty for ALL drugs dealers should be the ultimate deterrent, DEATH, no excuses, no reprieves, no commuting to life. !! I do not apologise if any of my post offends any one, if anyone thinks I am being a bit "melodramatic", please, feel free to walk in my shoes, or those of my Darling wife, who has had to watch her son deteriorate from a lovely, loving young man, to a mere shell of a human being, I will even pay to have them altered to fit !!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
You have my vote 100%

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 14:42:21 PM »
Prison is a travesty, I was amazed to find that of 1729 prisoners in Wormwood Scrubs they were all
innocent --- even me  ;D joke! Well almost

I have since researched this speaking to ex-prisoners and have found that about 95% of
people in prison are totally innocent --- according to them   ;)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 15:48:31 PM »
WHEN they are found to have a case to answer, & WHEN the result of that case is a guilty verdict for both, all of those who are presently declaring them to be 2 "innocent wee lasses", will soon find out how "innocent", when previous form raises it's ugly head, & their smug family members have to find something else to bleat about. GUILTY, in my mind. Speaking as the parent of a son whose life, since the age of 12/13, has been absolutely, totally destroyed by people like these 2 bimbos, the penalty for ALL drugs dealers should be the ultimate deterrent, DEATH, no excuses, no reprieves, no commuting to life. !! I do not apologise if any of my post offends any one, if anyone thinks I am being a bit "melodramatic", please, feel free to walk in my shoes, or those of my Darling wife, who has had to watch her son deteriorate from a lovely, loving young man, to a mere shell of a human being, I will even pay to have them altered to fit !!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
You have my vote 100%

And mine.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 16:26:25 PM »
Deleted by GordonA
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 17:54:14 PM by GordonA »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 17:21:41 PM »
I think visitors to prisons should be separated from inmates by glass screens,as in the USA, with no contact possible.
Also any prison staff caught bringing drugs,phones and other items into prisons should serve a minimum 10 year sentence.
This would give drug addict prisoners a better chance of "getting clean" and make prisons safer places for all.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 17:55:44 PM »
Some strong views, and ive been on both sides of the fence. i would be very surprised if these girls are innocent, i would also be very surprised if they dont have some addiction problems themselves. most drug dealers do.

is prison the answer? i dont know. it may give you a chance to asses your life and it can be the start of rehabilitation for some people.

separating visitors from inmates? dosent stop the desire to use drugs, blaming everyone one else? dosent stop the desire to use drugs.
in my experience when youve had enough your had enough, untill then its hopeless.

i had enough nearly ten years ago and have been completely abstinent from all drugs (including alcahol!) since then.

a day at a time and with a lot of help

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 18:41:56 PM »
Thank you Scott and Lisa for an enlightening and open statement, makes you think!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 19:17:16 PM »
Prison may not be the answer (I couldn't care less if it is or isn't) - prison is the deterrent. I can't imagine how many more people would take a chance if the deterrent was set at a lower level of punishment, but it would most certainly be higher. Meaning more drugs on the streets of the UK, more crime, more misery, more death.

Forget rehabilitation, the majority of people I know don't want them to get out at all, rehabilitated or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf